The online racing simulator
The biggest loser in the world!!
(33 posts, started )
I'm not sure if any of you have seen this before, but its just so funny.

The guy is so cocky about his driving skills. But you can tell he is crap, due to how smooth he is with the wheel, he doesn't "feel" the car properly. Also look how late he decides to countersteer, that guy should give LFS a try first.

LOL
Hahhah funny crash
omg that would SUCK!
A little late and little too slow on the counter steering. I still wouldn't call him a loser. I like the last word on the movie though
I think he must have been talking to his dog in the back seat, you can hear a slight growling noise right at the end of the movie!
Quote from Electrik Kar :I think he must have been talking to his dog in the back seat, you can hear a slight growling noise right at the end of the movie!

I think he sais pretty much what I think he says

****!
no no... After the guy swears, there's this kind of groan of disbelief which sounds like it's coming from some old dog in the back seat... sounds like the crash woke him up! lol! Give it another listen
I thought he farted myself.....

I guess he wasn't that bad at driving the car when he didn't go to fast. Is funny when he decided to countersteer, maybe he had a brain freeze?
Seen that before and what bothers me is the way he turns and holds the wheel, you should keep the hands at the same position at 9-3 or in 10-2 all the time, every noob LFSer knows that! That countersteer manouver was so lame
I think just before you crash you can hear him complain about the driver in front taking it out of fourth gear, at which point he enters the corner too fast to be using engine braking at too lower rpm, and the rear slides out.

The correct choice would've been third gear, and should the back still have come out, getting the power down (he would've had some power had he been in the right gear!) and correcting forcefully and immediately. He simply wasn't trying.

With regards to racing steering practices there are two schools of thought, one is for shuffle steering, which you saw there, done miserably, and that countersteer was pathetic, the other is the hand over hand you're refering to, where you keep your hands at either side of the wheel till you run out of twist and reach for another handful (as shown on the lfs animation).

There are merits to both, depends on the track as well, the bends there are pretty gentle, you can shuffle steer (properly, not like that guy), gives you more feedback and control, and correction is faster as you always have two hands on the wheel ready to yank the other way.

On the other hand, for faster wheel motion, and sever countersteer, you have to go hand over hand, you can't beat it for strength and speed. Useful for hairpins!
Quote from Blackout :Seen that before and what bothers me is the way he turns and holds the wheel, you should keep the hands at the same position at 9-3 or in 10-2 all the time, every noob LFSer knows that! That countersteer manouver was so lame

Yep. He 'milks' it (that's how my driving school teacher called it years ago)

I just don't know which one is funnier. The film or how the new IE7 tryes to show it (just printing binary crap). Quick fix was to use firefox to show it illepall
Ever heard of right-click and "Save as..."? IE7 tries to open the file, and if you don't have a plug-in that scans the URL's for .mpeg, it displays the file as it is: Binary (it isn't even binary but the images and the sound displayed as ASCII-Code)! What the hell do you think is wrong with that?
i was waiting for a much exiting crash but it was just a noobish accident
I've been there, it's nice to see a in car view. though, seems as if he took it way to fast and turned in a tad early. Was great to see such a confident man destroy his car
To me the guy didn't really come across as all that confident- he was pretty much apologising to whoever was in the back seat for every corner (I still think it was his dog). He was trying to sound confident to cover up for the fact he was probably crapping himself, probably his first race or something...
Quote from Electrik Kar :I think he must have been talking to his dog in the back seat, you can hear a slight growling noise right at the end of the movie!

The "dog" sounds like the one from Gone in 60 Seconds, the one that eats the Merc keys

oh, and PMSL @ driving and last word.
Not A PORSCHE!!!
This Was Not A Porsche. It was a Subaru Legacy Sedan, from a few years back.

He pretty much destroyed the car, in fact, the trunk was mistakenly unlatched as well, coming back and crushing into the rear window upon flipping as well. I've seen the pics, but it was a long time ago.

Slow on the countersteer, perhaps. but life is a bit diff from lfs to be honest.

It's a 4wd, so like the rb4, he was getting a little 4w drift, just that kept going...
What a slow "reaction" lol..
However is strange the fact that he did a roll on himself.

He touched the curb and that made the car starting the roll or is possible on regular tarmac to during a 180 slide to do something like that?
#21 - aoun
The more i watch it..i think..

mabye the driver isnt talking.. (realllly reallly stupid i am if everyone already knew..)

so the driver aint the cocky one.. its the camera man :P
Disclaimer: Im also stupid, as I've trashed 2 cars while being childish and driven irresponsibly.

My mum countersteers faster. Or would, I think, cos she hasn't propably ever countersteered.
Quote from bbman :Ever heard of right-click and "Save as..."? IE7 tries to open the file, and if you don't have a plug-in that scans the URL's for .mpeg, it displays the file as it is: Binary (it isn't even binary but the images and the sound displayed as ASCII-Code)! What the hell do you think is wrong with that?

Sure I know save as. I just don't want my HD full of all crap which I would need to remove immediately anyway after watching it. Besides it worked before in IE6. I really don't know why but now with IE7, some extensions cause that. Besides I remember that before in IE6 it didn't even start printing unknown extensions in text (it warned not having plugin for that). If you think that it is a normal or userfriendly way (loosing plugins or what is used to play certain extension), there is something wrong there. Or do you work in MS? illepall

As for the "binary", I think it is the usually used term to describe when non printable stuff (non text) is printed. If you want to split hairs then actually ascii codes are binary too inside computer just like all data (1s and 0s). I just hoped that I wouldn't need to write a novel here to say such a simple thing, but I guess I was wrong.

Besides updating to IE7 has some other interesting things too, but I guess I post them to MS rather than here. Or actually I think I stay with firefox which has little bit more normal behaviour. I wish they had even fixed the non-standard things in their HTML implementations.
Quote from Blackout :Seen that before and what bothers me is the way he turns and holds the wheel, you should keep the hands at the same position at 9-3 or in 10-2 all the time, every noob LFSer knows that! That countersteer manouver was so lame

yep... its looks like he is driving a bus or a truck.

what lame driving.
It's a Subaru Impreza. I read the webpage the guy originally posted it on. He told the insurance company the truth and they covered the costs. It was at Limerock Raceway in Connecticut, 45 minutes from whereI live.
I have been there a few times where they race many different car classes. That corner is very tricky and had to have a chicane put up right past the top of that hill where he crashed for faster cars as a few people died driving over that hill and catching air back in the day, doing a few backflips before hitting the ground. There are some pictures of the crashes if you can find them.

The driver said he made a mistake by taking the corner in the wrong gear and then did not properly countersteer to keep the car under control.

(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG