The online racing simulator
big lag now i canrt open lfs.exe
(66 posts, started )
I had big lags when i was raceing i closed lfs down and click on lfs.exe now i canrt open it cause it comes up with lfs.exe incounterd a promable.
Have you tried a re-boot?
just did now it opens yee now wonder if the lags still there.
still the big bad lag sigh
OK.

First, how fast is your internet connection? and ...

Second, did you dial up the eye-candy too much?
and my mums bf pc gets 3.972 packets

my mums bf pc wich has the big lags has 4 mg shared.

and am not on my own pc.
updated the post above.
close your tottent and emule programs
What frame rate are you getting?

(Options/Display/Framerate=On)
well like its a shared network and the pc am on dont have that stuff on the other pc has wich am not allowed on it.
highest framerate i got is 56 fps and it still laged then it drop down and i get lags still.
Quote from faster111 :highest framerate i got is 56 fps and it still laged then it drop down and i get lags still.

56 fps? OK, sounds more likely to be connection problems rather than lack of graphics muscle, so ...

... what sort of ping rates are you getting for the server you're connecting to?
the speed is 100.0mps
before you connect to the server via the server list the ping is on there next to the name.. eg: 21ms = 21 ping

Have you done a virus or adware scan. Thats what i think it is.
Quote from faster111 :where can i find that

When you go to Multiplayer and it lists all the servers you can join to race, it also shows a ping rate for each server as it draws up the list. What's the ping rate for the server you tried to connect to?

EDIT: ^^ Wot franky said! ^^
i can get on STCC server but i get big lag
196 ping on the STCC server high or what.
Quote from faster111 :i can get on STCC server but i get big lag

OK, but we need to know the ping rate you're getting, to see if that's the problem .

EDIT: OK, seen the rate now.
196 is a little high but should still be useable.

Next - are there lots of other cars on the server?

Two reasons for this question:

1. Some of THEM could be lagging, and...
2. Lots of cars in front of you could be putting extra strain on your graphics card lowering frame rates.
Hi Bo Duke

I was on a server you were on last night and you mentioned you had some probs then too

First there is a big difference between low FPS making the game appear to stutter and network lagg making cars jump about and dissapear alot.

I am betting your mums PC is connected via a wireless router is this the case?

Also when you say she has a "shared connection" who (how many) other users is it shared with? and are any of them using P2P programs or playing other multiplayer games?

Do a virus scan and run an anti spyware program as Franky said above.

if you connect via wireless could you try a patch cable? it should work alot better.

let us know all the info you can about other processes running on the PC maybe we can help you sort this out.

SD.
download a fresh copy of lfs and retry ...
Quote from TyresHot :close your tottent and emule programs

Quote from faster111 :well like its a shared network and the pc am on dont have that stuff on the other pc has wich am not allowed on it.

Is the other PC downloading stuff?
This would cause you a load of lag.
I dont know about the other pc well here are bits i know about it. and its only shared with 2 pcs the one i play lfs up at my mums bf pc and the other pc in the same house i have nothing to do with only thing s i know about the other pc is it uses bitlord and he don't play much of online games so. I think my mums bf uses wireless. well they got lots of wireless stuff like mouse keyboard ect.

(66 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG