The online racing simulator
As of now the points awarded for first, second and third place has no real use, other than the brag factor but with 20 cars on the track even a 4-10 has a "value" in my opinion.

I suggest that points are given down to 10. place.
Of course not a lot of points for a 10th but at least a reward for completing the race

1 32
2 16
3 10
4 7
5 6
6 5
7 4
8 3
9 2
10 1

(or something like that )

That seems like it would be a good way of distributing them.

I think the point system could be usefull in my mind for another idea, having the ability to start a mini season on a online server where the game would track everyones points, so you could do say a little tournament of sprint races, just seems like it would open up a new activity to do online for those who dont have time to commit to a league per say, but want to run more than just your oddball scramble races
#3 - Gunn
Quote from DodgeRacer :That seems like it would be a good way of distributing them.

I think the point system could be usefull in my mind for another idea, having the ability to start a mini season on a online server where the game would track everyones points, so you could do say a little tournament of sprint races, just seems like it would open up a new activity to do online for those who dont have time to commit to a league per say, but want to run more than just your oddball scramble races

I'm not sure how far the software could (or should) go towards managing a race season, but I have often thought about the possibilities of "accumulated points events" being saved somehow, and then continued say next week. To take the idea further, timed stage events where accumlated times could be rolled on to the next event. Perhaps the data needs to be managed outside the sim for this to work.

It would be great to be able to track the points and finishing times of several racers in-game, or via an add-on, so that race series or rally and targa style events could be managed with less human intervention required.

Some kind of Event or Season Manager would be cool, but I'm not sure if it could or should be a part of the main software. It would be interesting though and would open up new kinds of competitions.

I also like SniperX's way of thinking with at least one point awarded for each car that finishes a race. People are less likely to abort if there is at least some reward or chance of redeeming their championship hopes!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG