The online racing simulator
Drive wont eject a CD
(10 posts, started )
Drive wont eject a CD
I just got a new DVD burner, and I put in a CD to install the drivers for my video capture card. That worked fine, and I ejected that CD. Then, I put in a different CD, copied files in windows explorer, and tried to eject that CD. It won't eject! I could just reboot, lmao. I dont wanna have to reboot every time I copy files from a CD. I moved my old burner up one, on the last connector on the IDE cable. My new one is where my old one used to be. The same exact thing happened when I had that drive plugged in there. I think it might be the IDE controller then. I cannot shove a paperclip into the hole, because I still hear it barely spinning. BTW, both the DVD drives are set to "cable select". Off I go to reboot....
I saw this and I was going to suggest the paperclip in the hole trick, LOL.

Is it a burnable media? It could be something like the drive is locked because the CD is formated and ready to burn. Or, if you can see the cd contents in Windows Explorer, you should be able to right click on the drive and select "eject". If you do this and the cd was a writable and formatted to burn, ie, the drive was locked, you may get a popup window asking you how you want to finish it to eject.

If not, then sorry I couldn't help .
#3 - P1lot
I've had this on an old computer occassionally, and did as mrogers suggested; right-click on the drive and select eject
Maybe he needs to you need to "finalize" the cd before it allows to eject it?

Is the CD Read or ReadWrite ?
You could setup a eject button on your KB if right clicking the drive and selecting eject works.... (If this works will link to the prog allows you to eject via key press)
this used to happen with my old LG burner. you just have to wait for the software to finish working on the disc before you can get it back. failing that, use the paperclip or restart the computer. that always works
you should try to re-link your device,it may work...
The paperclip in the hole trick should still work, although it might not be the best for your drive or CD
I just restarted my computer to get it out, that wasn't the problem. I just dont wanna have to do that every time. No, it wasn't burnable media. It was my dell resource CD with drivers. I was copying files from the CD to my hard drive.
Just turn your pc off and do the paperclip in the hole thing, wont do any damage....

Drive wont eject a CD
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG