The online racing simulator
South African LFS Lan
(5 posts, started )
#1 - axus
South African LFS Lan
Hi, everyone!

I am proud to announce that we are going to be organizing an LFS Lan in South Africa (in the Johannesburg/Pretoria Area) towards the end of this year. We are looking at the last weekend of November or early December. Nothing is finalized yet, but I think that it will be better to release the races that will be held (all 18 hard track races, 4 oval races, 2 rally races, 2 drag events and 2 autocross events) so that people can start practicing. The attached file contains all the details, rules and a provisional schedule. Note that this schedule is only provisional. Because it is as packed as it is, we may opt to stretch the Lan over 2 different weekends. You will be notified, all in good time. Please let me know if you will be willing to participate as we need as many people there as possible to make it a great event. Also, because nothing is finalized yet, our schedule is pretty flexible so be sure to let me know if you cannot make any specific dates so that we can make the Lan accessible to as many people as possible. Please leave me an e-mail on [email protected] if you would like to participate or leave me a personal message on the forums containing your e-mail address. I am looking forward to a great weekend of racing! Updates will be released as soon as we know more so keep an eye on this thread. Thanks!

Regards,
AxusSA
Attached files
LFS South African Lan.doc - 66.5 KB - 223 views
How do you LAN lfs again?
#3 - axus
You make a server and others join from the "Join Specific Game" Menu by entering the server's IP Address.
Bet a couple of T7R Drivers would be interested in that. Noemfie and Cobuss
#5 - axus
I know Noemfie knows about it because he is helping me organize but I'm not sure if he has told Cobuss. We had a race on our little server yesterday - 30 laps on Kyoto GP Long with the Formula XR... Noemfie qualified first, I took second. Chris Browne (SniperZA), Exodus (cmckowen) and Dewald (a new LFS racer) were behind. Qualy was tight though, Noemfie managed to take pole back right at the end with a 2:19.57 after I beat his 2:19.74 four minutes from the end - I did a 2:19.71. Then the race came along and Noemfie didn't get off the line well so I took the lead into Turn 1... I built up a 6 second lead over the next 5-6 laps... and then Turn 1 - BAM! SPLAT! Gone...Noemfie took it comfortably from there.

South African LFS Lan
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG