The online racing simulator
Low FPS
(59 posts, started )
In task manager the running applications are attached. The CPU usage when LFS is running is 99-100%
Attached images
processes.JPG
I have no idea why my LFS needs 100% CPUillepall Probably the 512mb RAM is not enough?
no... its ur cpu.
i have an athlon xp 2600+ when i run lfs and open the task manager i have 10-12% cpu usage.
check if it does overheat, if not u might wanna get a new cpu anyday
i remember when i had my duron 1600 i got about 10 fps with 11 AI on the start, with my new (current) cpu i get 30.
just 300 mhz more but way better technology.
Ohh, thanks Now I know what I have to do/buy. At first I have to gather some money
well, first id check if ur cpu overheats (then u just need a better fan) and / or if the right clock speed is set in the bios.
maybe the bios makes problems...who knows, i wouldnt judge too quickly maybe get a friend who can check this stuff
No overheat. Attached the temperatures
Attached images
everest.JPG
I think I had a similar problem
U20 worked great, installed U28 and average FPS dropped radically. Got it fixed by clicking the vsync option in LFS on/off a couple of times and fiddled with the FPS cap (limited to 71 now, as my LCD refresh is maxed at 72Hz). Oh and I think I have my vsync disabled too in Nvidia control panel.
Hi!!

Till last month i was using Intel Celeron 2400@3000, 9600pro 128 and 512RAM@333. When I was alone on track I was getting around 50 FPS. BUT when I adden like 4 aiit was going really slow(20 FPS). But you have to understand that LFS hase nothing to do with it. CPU simply couldn't run games(whole bunch of oters too). Now after mainboard failure I bought AMD Athlon 64 3500+(2200)@2500 Venice 939-pin and i make around 90 FPS alone and above 40 with 11 AI. I have only v-sync off. Other setting are full.

Conclusion: It's the CPU that slows you down, but if this is sudden then I believe its WIN.

I hope I helped someone that is asking himself abou buying CPU or VGA

EDIT: oh yes, I'm havving like 56 processes minimum and ony 204MB of free ram avalible
Reading this makes me feel unlucky. The highest mine went to is 17.6 lol. When I race online on cockpit view I get 6.7 or lower, but no lag why?

Low FPS
(59 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG