The online racing simulator
FOX @ Blackwood (improve my time)
My fav online race is the FOX at blackwood. Currently i'm getting 1:10's but would like to get my time down to around the 1:08 mark. Ive enclosed a video for you guys to maybe have a look and see where im losing time.

Cheers lads
jaws
Attached files
fox blackwood.raf - 1.3 MB - 116 views
#2 - Jakg
Ok, heres my fave setup.

Could you please attach a replay? a RAF doesn't really help!
#4 - Jakg
Right then...

Less fuel, earlier shifting (JUST as the light comes on), and try to flat shift (ie don't cut the throttle - its in the options somewhere, it makes you faster)

T1, engine brake more, turn in later (at about 25), and don't turn in as much, as you just skid and over heat your tyres (look at the skid marks your leaving!).

Keep wide, then use all of the track as you turn in, you turn in waaaay to early at castrol and only use half the track, use all of the kerb on the exit.

Be less violent

try to aim to get on the throttle BEFORE the apex, too
Cheers mate that should help a lot

I know im pretty slow at T1 i'll have to see what i can do.
I've just run a 1:09 so it's getting better.

BTW that setup you sent me is identical to my current one. What are the chances of that lol!
#7 - amp88
Use the full width of the road on the way in and out of the corner. At the moment you're exiting most of the corners quite tightly and scrubbing off vital exit speed for the next section. Try using the curbs on the entry of the corner to brake on, it may not be realistic, but it can help quite a bit.
Not a bad lap at all. You seem to have very good lines, and have a great potential!

Some things to work on:
1. T1 -brake a little after 75, and dont coast at all.
Stay really tight tight on T1 (in lighter area) around the beggining.
You will be able to get a lot more speed coming out, and it sticks better
there.. be more agressive!!! other than that you look great on the first
section.

2. On straight coming out of the T1 section you should be hittin 140-141 mph.

3. coming from the first section flying down the straight brake at the 50 marker (you seem to be braking to late), and get to the LEFT which will allow you to set up for the fast turn. Dont be so hard on the brakes your taking way to much speed off, try to keep your speed no lower than 95 through that section, when you master that you can take it at like 100 mph. also dont hot the rumble strip entering that fast turn stay farther to the left still you are really throwing the car off.

up hill chicane you are doing super!
4. downhill right hander. Brake at 50, and get on the rumble strip on the left. Dont brake that hard, and dont go in so tight at the begging of the turn drift out. You are losing a lot there! If you nail this you should be not going under 92 mph around that whole turn!

5. Last turn- coming from downhill righthander point towards the whit barrier (between the blue and black strip) to setup for it. Go as wide as possible to set up for it. Also dont lift there! Downforce works wonders, its tempting to left but wants you get it down it will be nothing.

I suspect you are gonna be super fast soon man! I'm sure I have ran with you or will soon.
good luck
Jason

I guranntee you a 1:08.xxx with that set, and this info!!! ps: try this set its perfect.
Attached files
FORMULA XR_again chaned.set - 132 B - 155 views
Cheers JAson that's really helped. I'll let you know how i get on.
Just done a 1:09.01 so im just about there

Tried to do it whilst racing online but it's not going to happen today. Too many people are inconsiderate when driving the FOX's. Ive had 3 races and been barged off the track on the first lap 3 times

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG