The online racing simulator
Joint Places
(14 posts, started )
#1 - Jakg
Joint Places
Well, when two players finish neck and neck and get the EXACT same total time, why is one placed first? shouldn't they be joint places?

Screenshot added for proof of what happens...
Attached images
Untitled-1.jpg
maybe it goes on who got the time first like F1 ?
The time is measured in thousands of a second, but it only shows hundreds.
Quote from Greboth :maybe it goes on who got the time first like F1 ?

That makes no sense.

Quote from sgt.flippy :The time is measured in thousands of a second, but it only shows hundreds.

Bingo.
Quote from Greboth :maybe it goes on who got the time first like F1 ?

He was talking about a race finish, not quali.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :LFS checks to see if one of the racers is Sam Hopkinson, and if so demotes him. It does the same thing with th84. One of my favourite features.

lol, hopkinson, that's not a real name

Quote from Bob Smith :Bingo.

What did I win?
Ahem...
Quote from Bob Smith :That makes no sense.

Bingo.

Why it doesn't show directly thousands of seconds?
Most of the time for racing on an online server it doesn't really matter. It doesn't happen that often people finish at the exact same time anyway. It would be just more to show, and I thought there was another more important reason for it, which I can't remember
What about in the event that they have the exact same time down to the thousandths? I'm guessing the person who was in 1st before the splits equalised would be the winner in that event?
Quote from MAGGOT :What about in the event that they have the exact same time down to the thousandths? I'm guessing the person who was in 1st before the splits equalised would be the winner in that event?

Ten thousands of a second

Joint Places
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG