The online racing simulator
Built-in safety car options for leagues.
I just haven't made any improvement suggestion for long time, so I decided to ask this one.

- When a league uses Safety Car, it has to start on the grid behind all cars, when it would look better if it started in the middle of the grids, like IRL.

- Also it would be cool if it had it's own 'pen' in the pitroad and some kind of "sc out" message was shown if the car is not in pits.

- Only server admins would have access to safety car of course

- Safety car would have all those flashing lights and all, just like irl.
#2 - Lato
+1 - An AI Safety Car would be good.
would be great but i think it would be difficult enough to implement so i would put thins down as a POST S3 feature. but nice idea anyway definately.
A admin only selectable car, nice idea, Would be oh so very handy for leagues, but yes, think would be very difficult to impliment, but we all know Scawen can produce miracles! (A S3 feature I think though)
#5 - Lato
Well i dont think an AI car, driving around the track and getting off/in track on admins vote would be so hard to implment.
Not hard to impliment, but hard to impliment well and to a standard Scavier would be willing to let into the sim!
Quote from Thorvertonian :Not hard to impliment, but hard to impliment well and to a standard Scavier would be willing to let into the sim!

yeah thats what i meant. i thought it was obvious that not much is done to a "just get it in there" level in LFS.
of course its not hard to make an AI car start driving around with the click of a button, as thats pretty much what they do atm.
but to make it control the pace of the cars behind, know if someone overtakes behind the saftey car, let backmarkers through so it picks up the leaders etc. etc...
Quote from nikimere :let backmarkers through so it picks up the leaders etc. etc...

Where do they do this? AFAIK the backmarkers just stay in the same pack, between the guys on the lead lap. Perhaps I just don't follow enough motorsports
in winston cup the build two files, the one who are in the same lap with the leader and those who are not... makes it interesting so people always know who is able to win..
IMO the safety car should be an FXR with a light bar.
+1

A car with model and skin selectable by admin and drivable by admin, AI, or with a command for allowing a specific player to drive that car.

There should be some command for admins for calling it during races (drivable by AI), and these commands should be bindable.
imagine a safety car in demo servers where there are crashers. maybe the whole race would be a yellow or red flag. im gonna get my S2 next week so i wont have to worry about crashers as much.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG