The online racing simulator
Suggestion about pitcrew
(18 posts, started )
#1 - JTbo
Suggestion about pitcrew
Idea is crazy, but not original (Some game for Amiga and maybe c64 had this), some may feel strongly against it but this should be made so that that it can be turned off too.

Everyone remembers how controlling was done in Black & White? Got idea bit same type of controls that would be used in this mode.

Manual tire change, damage repair and refueling.

Car enters to pit and then view goes to external and you can rotate and tilt view similar way as in Black & White, tires changed with bolt gun, open bolt new tire animation, close bolt, operating with left mouse button, could have visible bolt gun as an arrow.

Damage repair, hammer symbol chosen from mouse wheel, hammer spot of damage with left mouse button, could have left front, left middle left rear and same for right side to keep thing simple.

Refuel, choose fuel can from mouse wheel, use it to fuel tank cap with left mouse button.

Done button click with any tool and return to car and controls back to normal driving.

This could be also multiplayer feature, team mate/s can be mechanics.

Also later there could be 3d model of mechanic that is moving and doing things, bit like adventure game character you command and he does, no completely direct control, but should not be too slow.

Naturally option so that is use on server or is not use on server, same for single player.
can i run the mechanic over when he his changing another teams wheels
#3 - JTbo
Quote from daveb948576 :can i run the mechanic over when he his changing another teams wheels

I guess that is realistic and should be possible, but that should cause you to DQ and your car returned to pits as would happen in reality if you run over some pitcrew member on purpose
Very nice idea JTbo. Really can't see it happening, but you can dream, can't you?
#5 - JTbo
Quote from Bob Smith :Very nice idea JTbo. Really can't see it happening, but you can dream, can't you?

Well you never know, maybe when busy time with U patch is ready and S2 final starts to be near... ok, dreaming, that is what we can do
#6 - CSU1
Quote from JTbo :Well you never know, maybe when busy time with U patch is ready and S2 final starts to be near... ok, dreaming, that is what we can do

WTF is that guy doing to himself on your avetar??
#7 - JTbo
Quote from CSU1 :WTF is that guy doing to himself on your avetar??

That is beer advert, bad one of course
#8 - JTbo
I got also idea that there could be pitcrew stats on LFS World, fastest tire change, amount tires changed, etc.
-1, nice idea but it would be a bit too off the wall.
#10 - dev
-0,8. I would hope some interactivity to pitstops, but unfortunately can't come up with any ideas now. Anyway, your suggestion sounds far too complicated and more of a "Street Rod" / "Street Legal Racing" -type realization.
I remember some old PC rally game had a fun minigame when changing a flat tyre, you had to click a wildy spinning stopwatch and aim for a low time.
#13 - JTbo
Quote from frokki :-0,8. I would hope some interactivity to pitstops, but unfortunately can't come up with any ideas now. Anyway, your suggestion sounds far too complicated and more of a "Street Rod" / "Street Legal Racing" -type realization.

There is nothing wrong in those games, I would love to be able to adjust my fuel injection according to air humidity and turn few turns of wastegate lock knut to crank up boost

But that is just me, i guess
I don't like the idea of manual repair, tyre changes and refuelling, particularly if it is done by the driver. There are a million things that need fixing and adding to the whole pit-stop thing in LFS, and this is definitely not one of those. Maybe letting another team member make strategy decisions for you is something that might be good, but apart from that, I'm afraid it just doesn't make sense for a driver to be doing that to his own car
Quote from sinbad :Maybe letting another team member make strategy decisions for you is something that might be good, but apart from that

c'mon, the pit lane with limiter is long enough
Quote : I'm afraid it just doesn't make sense for a driver to be doing that to his own car

bit funny arcadish. that would be lol.

i got two questions - how do you change all four tyres at once ?
and how would you get indications where to apply immense accuracy when using hammer?
Quote from AndRand :c'mon, the pit lane with limiter is long enough

Not saying it isn't, but it wouldn't be a totally stupid thing if a driver that is perhaps waiting to take over your car has some input in the strategy too.
#17 - JTbo
Now, there was mention about this that it really does not need to be driver that does things, but team mate, only if wanted it can be driver...
There is many racing series where driver is helping to get car fixed faster, but majority is not following these as they are not cool in eyes of friends or whatever.

Of course if all four are going to be changed same time, like in some highly expensive boring forms of motorsport, that would require more team members...

Reason why I described different sections of car was that you would need to use hammer only to damaged section, communication with driver helps to locate correct section if there is no visual damage.

As usual my ideas are not for majority, maybe I'm just bit too crazy then
could we just have a pitstop and all it does is tyres suspension and fuel and not repair the bodywork just leave it bashed and bruised?

Suggestion about pitcrew
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG