The online racing simulator
Track Path
(1 post, started )
Track Path
One of the best little touches to LFS is the way the track surface very gradually darkens on the racing line where the braking/cornering/acceleration is done. Even better is the fact that as in real life, it takes many many laps for the track to become discoloured, and you can't clean it.

I've been mostly racing at AS National for the past couple of weeks, and as a result there's a nice dark line appearing round parts of the circuit. As I've become happier with my pace there, today I decided to start learning the longer Aston tracks - Historic and Grand Prix.

Of course, they both share quite a bit of the lap with As National - but both the Historic and GP tracks were spotless.

Admittedly it's only an aesthetic/environment thing and is probably on the priority list somewhere between putting a cupholder in the GTR cars and some colour-coordination in the pit garages But it would be nice if at some point in the future, driving on AS Historic shows the dark lines from AS National, and of course the same for other tracks and variations with shared bits. It would have the added bonus of meaning that the shared bits get really darkened while the unique sections stay lighter as they don't get driven on so much.

Track Path
(1 post, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG