The online racing simulator
FXR keyboard setup please
(14 posts, started )
it is so i can use my gamepad that has only left center or right so i set it to keyboard and use software called joytokey. so basically i need as many keyboard setups as i can get.

Dave.

P.S. also what should i be setting my analouge steer smooth to and my turn rates?
#2 - ORION
Analogue steer smooth should be off, and:
button control rate: 6.00
steer rate: 0.6
return rate: 0.45
limit multi: 0.80 (or a bit lower, it really depends on the car and setup)

anyways, I can't recommend driving an S2 car with keyboard. The demo and S1 cars are drivable, but cars with slicks are not supposed to be driven with keyboard

setup-wise, you can drive the wheel setups if they are not too oversteery (You might want to set some softer brakes if they lock up)
#3 - robt
Analogue steer smooth: 0.4
button control rate: 4.00
steer rate: 1.0
return rate: 0.63
limit multi: 0.80

set steering locks on sets to between 11 and 16 degrees. And erm,
Quote :anyways, I can't recommend driving an S2 car with keyboard. The demo and S1 cars are drivable, but cars with slicks are not supposed to be driven with keyboard

then how comes i find it easy? illepall
Analogue steer smooth does NOTHING when driving with kb, btw.
#5 - ORION
Hmm Bob thats funny, I just tested it and it is indeed not affecting kb steering anymore. At least it did affect steering back in S1, Im 100% sure about that

robt - are you also fast with that?
Quote from ORION :Analogue steer smooth should be off, and:
button control rate: 6.00
steer rate: 0.6
return rate: 0.45
limit multi: 0.80 (or a bit lower, it really depends on the car and setup)

anyways, I can't recommend driving an S2 car with keyboard. The demo and S1 cars are drivable, but cars with slicks are not supposed to be driven with keyboard

setup-wise, you can drive the wheel setups if they are not too oversteery (You might want to set some softer brakes if they lock up)

Sry to go a bit o/t, but i only race GTR cars (i sometimes drift aswell) and i use keyboard. I cant find any problem with using it.
perhaps i just suck at this game
#8 - robt
@ORION - fast at what? LFS? im ok i guess, not exactly world record pace, but top half of the grid and regular top 6 /podiums. cant be too bad!
its no good i give up i try to use FXR its ok because its 4x4 easy but slower than XRR i try to use XRR and i slip and slide everywhere its useless im useless oh whatever i suck.
#10 - Davo
FZR ftw!
FZR thats what i meant its waaaayyyyy to slipppppppery.
#12 - robt
I got a few XRR sets for kb one of my favorite cars...which tracks u need them for? just be careful, cant always just plant the throttle each time! FZR i find i cant control with keyboard though.
Quote from robt :I got a few XRR sets for kb one of my favorite cars...which tracks u need them for? just be careful, cant always just plant the throttle each time! FZR i find i cant control with keyboard though.

im using a gamepad but with software called joytokey it makes things a little easier but its the same principle as the kb. go to the setup section and use bob smiths hi downforce set for the FZR i can use that. i will only be using it untill i get another wheel anyway.

i havent been on all of the tracks yet (newbie) i just want to be able to drive the cars and then go to visit all of the tracks and see which ones i prefer to drive round.
#14 - robt

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG