The online racing simulator
New Informations in InSim Packets
Hi guys, hey Scawen

I make this thread not only for my Request cause I read in any other thread that someone wanted to have information in a byte of any packet but I didnt found this thread again...
And maybe others have ideas or need (for) something

But for me it would be good if you can add the number of the Splits from a Track in the Race Start.
Sure I can hardcode it, but i want to write a program wich ist best prepared for the future so for new Tracks with maybe more then 3 splits for example.
Quote from CLRS530 :I make this threat not only for my Request cause I read in any other threat that someone wanted to have information in a byte of any packet but I didnt found this threat again...

OMG please don't hurt anyone!
#3 - filur
I have the first "real problem" with InSim.
(see Edit first )

- If a player (in replay) disconnects in the first lap there is no chance to get the carname he has driven.
Could there be added a id for´the cars in PLP and PLL?
Or a second thing would be to have some requests for name, carname...

Request 1 (4 + 4 = 8)
InSimPack Id = "NME"
InSimPack Value = 2 //UniqueId

Request 2 (4 + 4 = 8)
InSimPack Id = "CAR"
InSimPack Value = 2 //UniqueId

Answer 1(1 + 32 + 1)
InSimRequestAnswerPack UniqueID = 2
InSimRequestAnswerPack Content = "CLRS530"
InSimRequestAnswerPack value = 0 //for name

Answer 2(1 + 32 + 1)
InSimRequestAnswerPack UniqueID = 2
InSimRequestAnswerPack Content = "FZ 50"
InSimRequestAnswerPack value = 1 //for car

A second request is:
I don´t know why there isn´t a information with the length of a track. Or can I read it in a stable way from the node count (one node everytime x metres)?

EDIT: I never said anything Saw that I could do it with request of the IS_NLP packet, but have to look if this work if I do it on PLL or PLP packet...
I think InSim should also be able to track pit stops, yellow/blue flags and so-on. Reason being that it would be great if lapper could display if cars are being blue flagged, which could help autobans for blue flag blockers.

So +1
So I figgured it out now.
I have no chance to get the car name before the first lap (if I have no IS_NLP package at beginning) cause in the mci packet for example there is no start position / plynumber but I need the playernumber to request the IS_NPL package.
If I request it on disconnecting driver it sees the information was deleted by LFS.

So it would be good to have a package like MCI but wich every player get if he joined the server or with requests.
In this package could be included a n 8 array and contains these informations
-uniqueId
-plyNumber
-PName
-UName
-carName
-playerFlags

Now I have to get these informations from laps or splits/mci and have to check every time I get them if I still need it (much overhead)

Such a packeage would be very nice and no problem to implement (no problem for other tools)

It would be nice if it also contains the lap information cause maybe you wasn´t at race start and now you have to wait for the STA package or request it.
It would be a nice welcome gift for a new player :P

race information
-track
-weather
-wind
-LENGTH ;=)
-SPLITCOUNT (only the split-time-points)
#8 - filur
Quote from CLRS530 :I have no chance to get the car name before the first lap (if I have no IS_NLP package at beginning) cause in the mci packet for example there is no start position / plynumber but I need the playernumber to request the IS_NPL package.

You can request all NCN's

for (i = 1; i <= num_conns; i++) // 0 is host.
request ncn (i)

And all NPL's

for (i = 0; i <= num_players; i++)
request npl (i)

Oh yes sure you are right startlist/plynumber is from one up until num players
I didn´t think in this direction :P
Quoted from the Test patch forum - relative to pit entrace/exit events in InSim packets:

Quote from Scawen :I suppose you mean an InSim packet? It's one I would not like to provide, because it would be easy to code cheats like instant release of the speed limiter, to save a second here and there.

Perhaps it could be implemented as a randomly delayed insim notification - just so the stats progs, etc can pick up on pit exiting.
#11 - axus
Another thing it would be nice for is the "Pitting Out" message compulsory for most leagues. I'd like to see that implemented with the delay suggested - 2 seconds or os would do a great job.
Quote from Scawen :... because it would be easy to code cheats like instant release of the speed limiter, to save a second here and there.

The already existing basic position info is enough for that cheat, so not really a good reason for not adding the packet imho. Delays would be fine too. A better way of preventing the pitlimiter issue might be to simply not let insim switch the limiter on or off.
Just to make things clearer, I'm gonna post here my 2 posts from which we got this reply from Scawen.

Quote from Nick_ll :Scawen, I don't know if that would be possible or if the U-series patches would be a good place for this, but useful request for you:
Would it be possible to have a packet that says when cars pit in or out? Like entering and exiting the pits area/crossing the line. Not actual pitting. It would be useful (believe me) to have a packet that can tell when a car is driving through the pits. And if it is possible, telling us where it is
Or does that already exist?

Quote from Nick_ll :Ya I meant an insim packet. And the use of it would of been to tell wether the driver is on a flying lap or if he aborted lap, or if he's on an outlap. The purpose of this would of been to limit the number of flying laps to say 12 per driver, on a qualifying server that is run throughout a week. So that the total flying laps possible is the set number, but drivers can drive as many incomplete laps as they wish by driving through the pit lane when they feel their lap was not good enough.

New Informations in InSim Packets
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG