The online racing simulator
F11 and F12 - Possible to use arrows without using shift? [solved]
Hi guys,

Something Im trying to figure out and im just wondering whether anyone could help me.

Basically when using the live update menu thing (F11 and F12) you have to hold shift and use the arrows. This is difficult considering my keyboard is behind my wheel. Is it possible to set it so you only need to use thew arrows without holding shift? Or even better, assign the controls to my wheel!

Thanks for any advice,

Paul
must just be you then, because i can change the values without holding shift
I cant, do you use the up and down arrows or the arrows on the num pad?

I have to hold shift, which means taking both hands off the wheel, which aint a good idea.
#4 - Vain
Did you try the cursor- left and right keys?

Vain
if your using the numpad then hit numlock to turn the numbers off

i use the cursor keys
Quote from dUmAsS :if your using the numpad then hit numlock to turn the numbers off

i use the cursor keys

But You still have to hit shift?

Blackvault
Cracked it!

Ive had the arrow buttons assigned to my keyboard controls off when i used to used the keyboard. Deleted the controls and its working now

Cheers for the advice
Having the same problem, but i have deleted ALL the controls now
Previously it was working fine, but from a while it works only with shift.
maybe the 'reinstall' s2 will help...

Which file is holding this key assingnmenst? Maybe i should check it. hmm

--------
breaking news:
I have managed this I write down the solution if someone will have the same issue.

Finally i found these lines in cfg.txt:

KAC_KBS_L -1 74
KAC_KBS_R -1 75

the numbers were something different (~280) but i checked this in my friends cfg, and put these numbers into mine, and now it is ok. Thanks for the audience .
#9 - ORION
Just set your controller to keyboard and change it
well, this is anyway another bug Scawen should have fixed already, and I think it shouldnt be difficult at all
[ I tried to set it via controllers, I assigned to some function to these keys, verified, and after it delete the keys, and it was still not ok, only this cfg.txt modification had been worked for me ]

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG