The online racing simulator
GTR Sequential Gearbox
(7 posts, started )
GTR Sequential Gearbox
Not sure if this is a bug or a script problem, but here goes....

Just got a G25 wheel and spent last night rescripting to suit road, paddle and sequential gear changes.

The road cars work fine (road script), so do the F08 and BF1 (paddle script)

However, with my DFP, I had the GTR cars set to sequential (the default is road) and wrote my scripts to suit (everything worked fine).
So now I am using my existing sequential scripts,modified for correct buttons, with the GTR cars on G25.

The problem now is that the GTR's do not change gear at all using the sequential script and sequential gear change mode. If I change to road script and shifter mode they are fine.
BUT the FOX and MRT default to sequential script and work perfectly!!

Surely any car will drive with any script, providing you have the correct buttons assigned?

Or am I missing something here?

Thanks for any assistance

Andrew
It's not possible yet. Here is the explanation.

If it's set to "shifter" mode, then it will use H-shifter in the cars which are intended to have a H-shifter (including the GTR cars at the moment). One day they may (or may not) have a setting to allow you to choose the type of gearbox in some cars, but not others.

What you are "supposed" to do at the moment, is use the H-shifter for the road cars and the GTR cars, and use sequential or paddle for the single seaters.

Anyway, that's not what you want to do. What you want is to set LFS into sequential mode, when you get into a car which has an H-pattern gearbox but you don't want it to (the GTR cars). What is needed is another script function that I have not coded yet.

Something like : /shifttype=auto/sequential/shifter

Then in all cars you could have it select /shifttype=shifter (and it would automatically not use a shifter in the sequential cars - as now) and in the ones where you wanted to override it, you would add the line /shifttype=sequential

At the moment, you can only do it using that actual button on the player screen. The /shifttype function is on my list.
I must confess I was hoping to use the FOX in h-shift mode, as that closely resembles my F3 car (more than any other LFS car). I can see that the FO8 and the Sauber would definately be paddle shifters though.

For me, the ideal would be to have the FOX as a 5 speed, h-shifted car, and the other S-S to be 6 speed semi-automatics (i.e. for big girls blouses in the gear change department), but I guess all I can do is hope for h-shifted FOX at the moment if I'm really nice.
Quote from Scawen :At the moment, you can only do it using that actual button on the player screen. The /shifttype function is on my list.

Thanks for this information Scawen, I'm really looking forward for an easy way to switch shifttype once I get my G25.

And a question:
Is this a feature that is on your list for testpatches / patch V, or is it a feature that is more of a "when other (more important stuff) is done" (ie. patch W)?
OK, I've done that now. Vroom on the test patch thread also wants a function to select auto shift in certain cars and manual in others.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=181947#post181947

The command "shifter" will be in U29.

/shifter=auto/sequential/shifter

Examples :

/shifter=shifter <- use shifter for all cars that have a H-pattern shifter
/shifter=sequential <- use sequential gear shift input in all cases
/shifter=auto <- automatic gears (and sequential for reverse, etc)
Thanks for that info Scawen. Now I just need my G25 which should arrive some time next week (Monday hopefully).
Quote from Scawen :OK, I've done that now. Vroom on the test patch thread also wants a function to select auto shift in certain cars and manual in others.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=181947#post181947

The command "shifter" will be in U29.

/shifter=auto/sequential/shifter

Examples :

/shifter=shifter <- use shifter for all cars that have a H-pattern shifter
/shifter=sequential <- use sequential gear shift input in all cases
/shifter=auto <- automatic gears (and sequential for reverse, etc)

Scawen, you are a star. Thank you very much!!!
Andrew

GTR Sequential Gearbox
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG