The online racing simulator
November Is Beer Avatar Month
(196 posts, closed, started )

Poll : What avatars to use for the month of November?

Closed since :
Beer
80's Cartoons
Favourite Object
Generally Geeky
Google Earth Shot
Magnified Picture
/me changed the thread title, so even those that don't peek inside will know and go get a beer avatar
Beeeeer... (in Homer Simpson voice)
Attached images
jennings2.gif
Hooray for beer avatars.

Not much of a beer drinker (gimme hard stuff), but I like a lot of brown ales, and this one in particular <------- it is nasty stuff, hahah.
Marge: You are overstimulated, lets get some beer in you, then its off to bed.
Homer: WOOHOO! BeerBeerBeer! BedBedBed!
Sorted.

From left to right, top row then bottom:
Boddingtons Draught, Caffreys, Tesco Draught Bitter, my face, Joseph Jones & Co Strong Ale, Marston's Smooth Extra Cold, Murphy's Draught, Wells Bombardier, Guinness Bitter, Guinness Draught, Guinness Original, John Smith's Original, John Smith's Extra Smooth, Tetley's Smoothflow, Newcastle Brown Ale, Worthington's Creamflow, Badger Tangle Foot

Larger image for the brave/foolhardy.
as promised, that'll be me drinking beer - tonight... sorry for the crappy quality, it is just local beer (but it's cheap and doesn't taste too bad ) ... oh yeah, and it's a mobile-phone-cam

Quote from TheDeppchef :Never claimed it was a good beer, but there are even worse (like Öttinger).
Anyway, I'm not that much of a beer drinker, so when I do drink beer, it's mostly to save money, hence the Sternburg ;p
I prefer a Gin Tonic, a Cuba Libre or a nice Whisk(e)y anytime

lol, Öttinger... one of the worst beers I ever drunk
-
(herki) DELETED by herki : double post
Tennents Lager lovelies
< Things they used to do to get you to drink .:munching_

most of you are probably too young and not Scottish enough to know about these Tennents girls .Started in 1960's right up till 1991.
@Bob: Is that Newcastle in a can? Weird, that just seems wrong. I guess they don't import it like that here; never seen that before. Definitely one of my top 3 beers though.

@Tweaker: Arrogant Bastard isn't bad IMO, plus the bottle makes an interesting read heh. Same co makes another good one to look out for, Ruination IPA iirc.

I'll take me avatar pic when I get off work tonight. Most likely have a few more to add to the "collection" too ha! Happy Halloweeeeen!
Quote from Dumpy :@Bob: Is that Newcastle in a can? Weird, that just seems wrong. I guess they don't import it like that here; never seen that before. Definitely one of my top 3 beers though.

@Tweaker: Arrogant Bastard isn't bad IMO, plus the bottle makes an interesting read heh. Same co makes another good one to look out for, Ruination IPA iirc.

Newcastle is my favorite
Buuuuurp
Mmmm bavaria, deceptive stuff, tastes like sweet normal beer, can be drunk as quick as normal beer, except its 8.6%. The drunk off it isn't your normal beer drunk, its more the psycho half bottle of vodka drunk :S
Got back from Tahiti last week, so I had to go with Hinano.
A top drop too
I've had some Hawaiian beers, and they are pretty good indeed. Hinano I don't think I have ever seen though. I'll have to look around next time I goto the islands .

Anyways, I changed my avatar, it fits? :ernaehrun :drink:
SamH already claimed probably the best pint in Yorkshire (quite a feat, given that Yorkshire produces the best beer in the entire world), but it's a bit too strong to drink all the time, which is where Terrier comes in handy.

You might be lucky to find a pint of Terrier outside the city of York but try it if you do. It's a nice easy drinker and very tasty.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Yeah, if you're a girl.

If I was to go back drinking I'd have a Whisky Sour,

The only person I've ever known to drink whisky sours was my ex-girlfriend's grandmother, who would have either a whisky sour or a manhattan after lunch every day. Now who's a girl?

I do like a nice Islay malt from time to time - if I drink at home it's usually single malts, but when I go out I drink beer. Beer's more a social drink I think.
It's sad considering we are pretty miserable with our tastes for beer over here. You guys across the pond have quite a big shelf of choices, and they sound tasty just having you guys talk about them!

I've never liked beer in the first place because all I am given to try is that nasty Bud Light and Miller crap. It really put me off the first several times I tried it. But I had tried Newcastle and some other ales, and they are really good. And there weren't the typical beers that come in a can/pack... some of them are from tap at clubs or bottled packs sold at limited stores. It is why I've really only drank hard liquor, it gets me hammered, while still tasting pretty good (and to make some nice mix drinks) :tired:
When I was in the USA I found quite a few British imports available in the better (non-chain) liquor stores. A lot of Sam Smiths beers make it out there, which is funny because there's hardly any pubs here in England that sell Sam Smiths beer. Whereas John Smiths (Sam's brother. No really!) is one of the best-known pints here but impossible to find in the USA. illepall

I've found Theakston's Old Peculier in the USA before too - in six pack bottles, I think they were 12oz. O.P. doesn't travel all that well but having not had a pint of it for a couple of years I didn't really notice.
Quote from thisnameistaken :A lot of Sam Smiths beers make it out there, which is funny because there's hardly any pubs here in England that sell Sam Smiths beer.

Same sort of thing with Australia and Fosters. It's know as 'Australia's beer' but nobody here drinks it. And I mean nobody.
uh

i made my choice of beer.

i do not know if it sucks by your standards or something, but for me this beer brand is of sentimental value.

after some years, it is not the taste that matters, but the memories that come with it.

That is why sometimes a scent gives you goosebumps and brings back memories.

In greek, after all, "νόστιμο" which colloquialy means "tasty" has the same root as "νόστος" which means "returning to familiar ground"
never tried the beer but their ads are great
Farcry: thats cause you're all drinking castlemain 4x :P. Fosters is pretty poor, carling is worse through :S.
This thread is closed

November Is Beer Avatar Month
(196 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG