The online racing simulator
Moto GP finale - Valencia (SPOILERS)
Eventful race without too much overtaking that we have come to expect from the Moto GP.

Sete Gibernau replacement Troy Bayliss, did a sterling job to bring the bike home in first, and led for the whole race.

Even more shocking was to witness The Doctor make a mistake on his own accord, when he ran out of tyre. A mistake that even Rossi couldn't salvage anything from, finishing in 13th.

This mistake argubly cost Rossi the title, as Hayden took away his title crown with a 5 points lead in the riders championship.
This was Haydens year, Rossi just had zero luck and despite a good come back I think the pressure got to him after that bad start. Although it was a very wierd crash, he wasn't even pushing it into the turn.

Anyone who questions why Rossi is so popular just needs to look at his reaction to losing the title, its sportsmanship like that which puts MotoGP so far ahead of F1.
Many things went against Rossi this year. The two engine failures and tyre failure cost him big time but I reckon he will be more motivated than ever next year on the 800s.

When you look at the detailed results with average top speed etc, Rossi was no where against all the Hondas and the two Ducatis. He was something like 7km/h slower and 15th on the chart so there is no doubt he was probably having to take more risks and drive harder on corner exit to keep with them.

Nice to see someone else at the top after Rossis total domination of the MotoGP class.
Indeed, Rossi has been on the back foot all season, and did come from around 51pts back mid-season, so he's done an awesome job regardless!

Good job Mr Hayden though
I think next year Rossi will return to the top in spectacular fashion, he has always loved the 500cc bikes...so i think the 800cc will suit his style far better than the current bikes.
Hats off to Bayliss, he was brilliant from start to finish. Its not often, if ever you see a superbike rider do that well at GP let alone win.
Just makes me wonder what this year would have been like if Rossi hadn't had those bike/tire problems
Interesting statistic - Bayliss lead more laps in the whole season than Hayden did!

An eventful race, but one can't help but wonder how the year would've panned out if Edwards had've finished that race in Assen, if Rossi had've beat Elias across the line, if his bike didn't blow up in Laguna...

All I can say is that he'll come out fired up next year!
Quote from Quint999 :boring

Nah Rossi has dominated motoGP and i have not once felt bored watching a race. I can't remember the last time rossi just ran away with a race and never looked like being beaten.
Quote from Quint999 :boring

So it's exciting to see Rossi's bike quit and tires chunk while leading? illepall

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG