The online racing simulator
Zanardi to return to F1 cockpit
(9 posts, started )
Alex Zanardi will return to the Formula One cockpit, five years after losing his legs in a near-fatal accident. The former F1 driver will test for BMW Sauber in a modified version of this year's Grand Prix car in Valencia, Spain, next month.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/h ... t/formula_one/6100256.stm
well, great to see Zanardi back in F1 although, I'm a bit surprised that he would return to a single seater after that accident.
When I saw the news headline yesterday I thought it was about his son getting a F1 test (does he have one? ). Nice gesture from the BMW team.
Quote from deggis :When I saw the news headline yesterday I thought it was about his son getting a F1 test (does he have one? ). Nice gesture from the BMW team.

Yes but iirc he is only 10 (a bit young for F1 )
About the F1 Test (it's no real test):
It's just like that Zanardi had the wish to drive again a F1 car
but a modern F1 car to see how it is and BMW makes it possible for him.
As you said. A nice gesture from BMW
I didn't know he'd even had such a crash, I thought he just faded into obscurity. Reading that article now explains his absense a bit better, I hope he romps it and gets himself a race drive on merit, I really do.
Actually, he's been very active considering the lack of legs. IIRC he raced some touring car series (ETCC? WTCC? SomeTCC...). Had a win or two as well.
He is CURRENTLY racing in WTCC and has placed in top 10 often and he won one round in Istanbul.
I dont know if there is an english version, but if it is i suggest you to read his book.
A very positive and simple person that has not been discouraged by his handicap (but is a funny book too, it's a kind of funny autobiography)
Yes, there is an English version, and it's an awesome read. Really changed my opinion of Zanardi from it.

Well written, with a bit of a conversation style to it, and quite witty in places too. Recommended. Much better than Brundle's 'Working the Wheel' tripe (it wasn't all tripe, but it was poorly written, repetative, and didn't tell you a great deal about the man, just snapshops of a dozen race weekends).

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG