The online racing simulator
Higher Quality? How?
(11 posts, started )
You cannot edit the AA/AF settings in LFS, you'll have to do it via your graphic driver settings, the layout differs a little depending what type of graphics card you have got.

begin with right-clicking your desktop and hit properties, go to the last tab called settings, then advanced. you might find a slider or two around there somewhere.
#2 - Jakg
well, i didn't lose more than 30 frames per second from adding a bit of aa and af! but still.. it looks WAY better!
Quote from Jakg :If you have an onboard graphics card then...owned, and it's pretty hard and pointless as AA/AF lower performance!

I have onboard and am currently running AA/AF while getting 50ish FPS . Resolution might be a bit smaller than you rich folks with the latest and greatest at 1024x768, but I can increase to 1152x864, still keep AA/AF, and only drop down to a very playable 40 FPS. The newer onboard chips are made by ATI and nVidia and aren't really that bad (for onboard of course). They aren't anything like the old Intel Xtreme graphics of old. It helps to have a gig or more while sharing 256 with the graphics.
#5 - Jakg
Quote from mrodgers :I have onboard and am currently running AA/AF while getting 50ish FPS . Resolution might be a bit smaller than you rich folks with the latest and greatest at 1024x768, but I can increase to 1152x864, still keep AA/AF, and only drop down to a very playable 40 FPS. The newer onboard chips are made by ATI and nVidia and aren't really that bad (for onboard of course). They aren't anything like the old Intel Xtreme graphics of old. It helps to have a gig or more while sharing 256 with the graphics.

really? i was thinking of the old Intel graphics chips which could barely keep 50 fps most of the time
#6 - Jakg
oh teh speedzorz!
Quote :really? i was thinking of the old Intel graphics chips which could barely keep 50 fps most of the time

Tell me about it, when i fancy a quick couple of laps on my laptop i can only get about 15 - 20 fps max, guess what graphics chip i have in that .

Good job i can race on my proper pc at 1600x1200 @ ~90fps with full AA/AF.
What specs u got?
Quote from Jakg :really? i was thinking of the old Intel graphics chips which could barely keep 50 fps most of the time

Jakg, yea, that's what I meant. I have an onboard ATI chip and it is miles above the Intel crap chip that I see Dell still uses. I wouldn't think that the Intel chip could "barely keep 50 fps". Any onboard can "barely keep 50 fps". Mine does, I have 40-50, even 60-80 if I loose some eyecandy. I've never seen better than 20 on an onboard Intel chip.
I can get 40 consitently on that intel chip that dell uses
#11 - Jakg
Quote from mrodgers :Jakg, yea, that's what I meant. I have an onboard ATI chip and it is miles above the Intel crap chip that I see Dell still uses. I wouldn't think that the Intel chip could "barely keep 50 fps". Any onboard can "barely keep 50 fps". Mine does, I have 40-50, even 60-80 if I loose some eyecandy. I've never seen better than 20 on an onboard Intel chip.

believe me, LFS looked rubbish, wheel view, i edited all the textures too, took a lot of work!

Higher Quality? How?
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG