The online racing simulator
triplehead2go and TrackIR owners read here!
i've ordered triplehead2go and 2 more monitors which will arrive this friday.

I'm also considering TrackIR 4 pro because it seems to be to good to be true. Does anyone have both these systems running together.

Have you got trackIR what are you experiences.

Those who run triplehead2go what graphics card you have, what resolution, and what frame rate is which games?

I've currently got an 6800 Ultra running at 420 and 1100. I'm worried a little it will struggle with the likes of GTR2
I did get trackir one time and i just could not drive with it...Every slight move you made and even when turning a corner it seems to put me off because when you turn your wheel you move a little bit and because it cant simulate the car bumping about ect i found it very very hard to use....was great with flight sims tho :P I spose if you took more time to get used to it then it may be good but i just hated the feel of having to try and keep my head still when turning corners. I give it about 1 month to get used to it and i ended up just selling it.
#3 - oops
HI again Doeboy (only after replying to the last TH2Go thread) I have TH2Go and Trackir 3 pro and I will say that I find that it works best with LFS (IMHO) than any other sim (GTL,GTR2,RFactor) but as TCannon (hi Todd thanks for sending me the inverted pedal guide) said you have such a wide view any way there is not a lot of call for it, but I find especially on LFS (as I prefer the in cockpit view in LFS) that it just helps the immersion factor, but on GTR2 and GTL I find the in cockpit view a little restrictive so I usually use the bumper view (I know not totally sim) and as I'm thinking of getting a simconmeter I wont need the dash display so that will help to improve the frame rate
Have you got TH2G to work with GTR2 it's not on the supported list and I can't play it at all not even on 1 monitor as I get sound but no PIC. I was quite disappointed by that I must say.
#5 - oops
Hello Doeboy yeah I got GTR2 to run straight out of the box without a problem in fact I had it running before I knew there was a problem , I didn't do anything special to get it to run, just installed it and set the resolution in the GTR2 configuration menu.
I run it @ 2400 x 600 32 bit in the GTR2 configuration menu I didn't use the SGU.
Hm...it needs to be re-installed to ask for resolution by the looks of things. We'll see when i get this new TH2G at the end of next week.
#7 - SamH
I've been dying to ask this..

Doeboy, you're clearly very serious about your sim racing. Spending on a 3h2g, extra monitors and considering TrackIR, you'd HAVE to be serious but I'm baffled that you've stuck with LFS Demo, and not upgraded. With all your other expenditure, it's obviously not the cost that's at issue.

I'm genuinely fascinated to know, since LFS is generally regarded as being the best racing simulator (ask the guys at Force Dynamics).. what's holding you back? Are you waiting for S2 to be finished? Do the graphics not compete with GTL etc, and it's just the visual experience that's more important to you? Have you hit that mental block (which a friend of mine genuinely suffers) where you can spend thousands on hardware, but can't bring yourself to spend on something that's not tangible.. something you can't physically hold in your hand? I'd love to know
As it stands i've spent less than 3 hours on a race track be it GTR/GTR2 or LFS. I'm also driving with a mouse and if thats not painful enough it happends to be a ultra sensitive Logitech mx1000 (full lock in about 1.5 inches!!!) . Caught between a rock and a hard place the options were to buy a cheap wheel while i waited for my G25 Which i haven't done, or just wait the 2 weeks which now has turned into 4! So currently i'm trying not to race to much and await the return of my TH2G unit and the G25 then i'll buy the full game. I just can't drive seriously without a wheel.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG