The online racing simulator
Scaled-up Kyoto "Oval"
(13 posts, started )
Scaled-up Kyoto "Oval"
I'm not sure if this has been discussed in a while but how much work would it be to include basically the same "Oval" configuration on a much larger scale? Kind of like Gran Turismo where the driver can maintain much higher speeds.

Just wonderin
yea its nice idea +1
That has been posted before about having a Millbrook type thing in LFS.
Larger? Surely you'd want it smaller so it actually became interesting?
Quote from driftHead :...where the driver can maintain much higher speeds.

AFAIK, all cars in LFS can reach their top speeds already on the existing oval, so that wouldnt make much sense.
I want a smaller oval. Something like 1/2mi would be nice.
Quote from zeugnimod :AFAIK, all cars in LFS can reach their top speeds already on the existing oval, so that wouldnt make much sense.

Nope, definately not, only UF1 and MRT5 hit their terminal velocity. All the other cars still have more to give on the oval. However, you are right that they are close enough to their top speed for a larger oval to be of minimal benefit.
I think we should have a Millbrook type thing (4km or so circle) and a Bristol type track (800m/0.5 mi, 2 corners, steep banking).
Short track racing, aswell as a dirt oval. I'm not even into this kind of racing, but it would be fun, and very entertaining. You could drive those 1/2-1/4 scale stock cars, and late models. Oh, and sprint cars, that would be fun.
Half scale stock cars? Do you mean this?
Yep, those are the ones. There's a bunch of different classes for that general size. I think in Ontario their called like..Pro Stock or something, I forget. There cool though. And they also race outdoors.
i want a bristol oval and a (dirt) arena
if there were a bristol oval i'd deffinetly be racing the oval a good amount.. short track, plenty of banking; more strategy than anything else
-
(510N3D) DELETED by 510N3D
Just played oval last week man is it harder than it looks... So yes I'd like both a smaller and larger oval and possibly dirt

Scaled-up Kyoto "Oval"
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG