Sick Of Laggers (Suggested improvement)
This is 4 the dev's only THX

Is neway of getting a ping reader,like the 1 in the LFS gamelist 4 the list in lfsworld.

In fear online if ya ping is 2 high it will not let u in the game.Sumthin like that would b great.THX ...well im so sry.god, im sry im not as perfect as sum of u n00bs.Is it so hard 2 show me the way,instead of mockin me coz i didnt no it woz there.
I wouldnt go in a room if i seen the ping over 100,i no it will b laggy otherwise.& yes i did only want the DEV's 2 answer back.
Ulot need 2 find sumthing better 2 do with ya time coz sum of the posts in here r just dribble.
#2 - dev
You know, some people might have troubles reading such a small font. Maybe you should use a bigger one?
Quote from dev :You know, some people might have troubles reading such a small font. Maybe you should use a bigger one?

Ditto.

Seriously,if you have an improvemnt suggestion,please go to the section of the forum called...guess what? Improvenent suggestions!

:rolayz:
Good idea, but the next time you post one, please:

1) post it to correct section (main - improvement suggestions)
2) use normal size letters
3) type it in English.
Where is the guy with the magic forum link in his sig?

What a way to say something, if you don't like laggers, bad luck, it's part of internet gaming. And lfs is partly based on the theory everyone should be able to run it, so restricting the ping isn't the way to live up to this theory.
Im not sure I fully understand what the op's point is (even 10 feet from monitor ) .

Sometimes its your own connection that makes everyone appear to be laggy, somthing to check first I am sure you would get some help in the tech support section?

SD.
Quote from south australian :This is 4 the dev's only THX
Is neway of getting a ping reader,like the 1 in the LFS gamelist 4 the list in lfsworld.
In fear online if ya ping is 2 high it will not let u in the game.Sumthin like that would b great.THX

ok ........ Not sure either what you mean
Given the majority of servers are in Europe, and you are in the other side of the world (going by your nationality flag), you'd suddenly find yourself locked out of a large number of servers.

Whilst I would be the first to turn the tables (and you'd witness an English man calling an Aussie a whiner) if this were to be implemented; I just can't see it happening.

Which is a shame
close thread plzkthx

ffs, apostrophes in plural... and now DOUBLE quotes in plural?!?! W T F
Quote from the_angry_angel :Given the majority of servers are in Europe, and you are in the other side of the world (going by your nationality flag), you'd suddenly find yourself locked out of a large number of servers.

Whilst I would be the first to turn the tables (and you'd witness an English man calling an Aussie a whiner) if this were to be implemented; I just can't see it happening.

Which is a shame

[OT] He could be an English man living in Australia , but more likely a teenager not thinking clearly just as you seem to get in all parts of the world but hey on second thoughts there is a larger percentage from a little island in the northern hemisphere [/OT]

I myself would hate this idea, as I use mostly the USA and quite often European servers, and have done for a number of years on several types of connections (including a dial-up modem at one stage). Vary rarely do I have a problem with lag, but I do choose the servers I connect to carefuly.

I have found that lag problems can vary wildly even from servers that report similar ping rangers... so I don't think ping alone will solve his problems. Infact in this day and age it is more likely to be someone is not aware of other stuff on their PC's is accessing the net whilst they are online in lfs that causes lag. Having said that the internet backbones in Australia leaves alot to be desired

I haven't raced with southaustralian online but I have noticed his name when browsing around servers and he is always in asia pacific servers, so I guess if all the european servers were cut off from his list he wouldn't be bothered

Yeah and I vote that they take away font size adjustments on the forum :P
Didn't you read it? It's for the devs only, so dev is the only one allowed to answer
I use font sizes quite a lot in my posts, hopefully in a way that doesn't nark anyone - life can be so dull if we stick to protocol, but that post is taking the biscuit somewhat.

Anyway, lagging is an issue that crops up and usually when it does 1 car sticks out - drivers are often quick to point out to a lagging player that their lag is an issue, just as they are quick to blame lag or somebody else for their own errors.

So I dont think it is necessary to restrict access to servers based on lag. It is a situation that is already policed.

I dont often see players lagging online, lets not forget LFS handles a paltry 20 cars. The net code is not marvellously efficient, but it does handle the small size LFS grids perfectly fine.

If a driver is having persistent problems with cars lagging, it is more than likely their own connection that is the fault.

I conclude therefor, that the postee above, given that he's narked off enough to use such a large font, is probably the victim of a poor connection.

I can't recall the last time I saw a lagging car?

Sure the odd dropped packet or momentary lag spike (which do seem more common with the test patches), but an actuall bouncing and disapearing laggy car? Not often...
#13 - SamH
Moved to Improvement Suggestions. Despite the title, the OP's post is more of an improvement suggestion than a complaint
I very rarely see the lag timer unless someone is having serious connection issues or has lost it entirely.

I would suggest if the OP is not using a recent patch, to get it ASAP. Then order the list by ping. The only dedicated Aussie server that springs to mind is Pro Racing Room which normally has about a 300 ping for me. I assume it would be better on that side of the hemisphere.

Other than that I can't say more than the previous posters - check your own connection and scan the system for good old ad/spyware.
Quote from Becky Rose :I use font sizes quite a lot in my posts, hopefully in a way that doesn't nark anyone

Nark?

...as in Narcotics Agent? Pig? Rat Fink? Squealer?
..i dont think making that first post massive is going to help me understand it.. lol
Another possible Option for the LFS Host, like GPL or NASCAR Racing 2003 has:

The drivers do need to be within a maximum allowedconnection lag. That can be setted up by the host, to a Ping like .300 for example.
Should keep those with really bad connection out of the Server
FWIW, ping numbers are definitely not the way to go to sort out laggers. I'm on dialup, you've heard me say this before. I ask often if I lag. I rarely get told yes. Usually I get a response of, "nope, you look good from here." Then someone comes in and lags all over the place. People point it out to them, but they don't believe it. "I'm on a 2 Mb connection, I'm not lagging. My pings are less than 50." Guess what. You are lagging and my pings of 250+ are not on my good ole 56k. So, ping numbers are not the way to go about it.
um
Sry m8,I just figgered if they cum in here alot then they would c it..
Yes, they do, its the official forum. But if you post something in a forum, you will get other people to answer than only the 3, you wanted to.
Am I old? What has happened to plain english. SMS has a lot to answer for
I hate those sms language styles, I never use it really, it's just a way to fit more text in a smaller space. I think you can put enough text here on the forum though. And it's not like it's faster, at least when I type, it slows me down to find the numbers, and it's just easier to type a full word than thinking about how I would shorten it. Especially on a cell, numbers take longer to input than letters.
Quote from mrodgers :FWIW, ping numbers are definitely not the way to go to sort out laggers. I'm on dialup, you've heard me say this before. I ask often if I lag. I rarely get told yes. Usually I get a response of, "nope, you look good from here." Then someone comes in and lags all over the place. People point it out to them, but they don't believe it. "I'm on a 2 Mb connection, I'm not lagging. My pings are less than 50." Guess what. You are lagging and my pings of 250+ are not on my good ole 56k. So, ping numbers are not the way to go about it.

Well 56k users should be able to get under 300 Pings on nearly all Servers. After a overview of Ping Rates Online and Servers available one could find the Range between what is the general acceptable lag and after what point does it get unusable so the limit could also be at 600 Pings or 800 or at howmuch the Server Host is allowed to configure the Maximum Ping Rate.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG