The online racing simulator
#1 - Leito
Need a wheel and comments :=)
Hiya

I'm in need of a wheel but before I spend the big bugs on either a DFP or MOMO I just want to get something cheap to get a feel for the things compared to mouse/kb.

Have anyone tried this one before?

Logitech Formula™ Vibration Feedback Wheel
seen here: http://www.computercity.dk/images/articles/4/DK32267.jpg
#2 - OPK
Nopes, this one sucks.
It only vibrates, there is no force feedback...

Take the Logitech Formula Force GP.
Should be around 50€ and you have full force feedback, which is important to judge LFS driving by wheel

Sooo, have a look at that one.
#3 - Leito
Quote from OPK :Nopes, this one sucks.
It only vibrates, there is no force feedback...

Take the Logitech Formula Force GP.
Should be around 50€ and you have full force feedback, which is important to judge LFS driving by wheel

Sooo, have a look at that one.

Is that this one http://www.computercity.dk/images/articles/6/DK23598.jpg ?
#4 - Leito
hmm no its not.
#5 - Ziil
#6 - OPK
Ziil is right there
#7 - vpr01
i have that wheel. damn good to start with, and the force feedback is excellent!

I may upgrade to a DFP soon though.
I tested Logitech Formula Force GP in various games sometime ago and it worked fine with some of the driving games and then it didnt perform so well with some other, especially forces felt wierd to me. Pedals are not too good, but I guess its good wheel to start with if you can't afford MOMO or DFP
I don't see why you'd spend the money to buy two wheels. My first wheel was a DFP, I absolutely love it. I used it at best buy with GT4 for about 2 minutes, that was enough to sell me. Trust me, you'll love it hehe
the great thing about my FFGP is that it works in my PS2. I donno if its the same deal with the MOMO of DFP, but i like that - got a wheel i can use on ps2 racin games (GT4!) and all my pc sims.
New Wheels ???
Hiya, everyone!

I'm in the US, and LFS is now my favorite Auto racing Sim!
So much so that I bought it at a really bad exchange rate! ;-)

I started with IndyCar and Nascar sims from Papyrus.

However, I still have a Thrustmaster Formula T1, and I just used my last replacement pedal spring! :-) This thing is ancient now! 10 years!

I need a replacement wheel/pedal combo but want to be sure it would be compatible with LFS. Sounds like the same old mechanical problems with the Logitec?

I've never experienced any force feedback, and you don't wanna know what I paid for this Thrustmaster! But it does still work, albeit not well. (I wish I had another spring for the brake pedal.)

Momo wheels I've heard of, but what is DFP?

If you have a recommendation, please let me know.

Feel free to email me at lfs@rabidwolf.com

Thanks,

Bob "Crash" Martell
aka RabidWolf

Quote from Leito :Hiya

I'm in need of a wheel but before I spend the big bugs on either a DFP or MOMO I just want to get something cheap to get a feel for the things compared to mouse/kb.

Have anyone tried this one before?

Logitech Formula™ Vibration Feedback Wheel
seen here: http://www.computercity.dk/images/articles/4/DK32267.jpg

Quote from RabidWolf :Hiya, everyone!

I'm in the US, and LFS is now my favorite Auto racing Sim!

Me too!!

Quote :I started with IndyCar and Nascar sims from Papyrus.

Me too!!
Quote :However, I still have a Thrustmaster Formula T1, and I just used my last replacement pedal spring! :-) This thing is ancient now! 10 years!

Me too!!

Quote :I've never experienced any force feedback, and you don't wanna know what I paid for this Thrustmaster! But it does still work, albeit not well. (I wish I had another spring for the brake pedal.)

Momo wheels I've heard of, but what is DFP?

Wow, you just described MY racing experience word for word. Are you ME? Except I had a T2 not T1 and my 5 yr old daughter still uses it now to drive on S1 0.3h demo. I had no experience with FF either when I bought my Momo, and I now couldn't drive without it! You wouldn't be disappointed with either Momo or DFP. DFP is the wheel with 900 degrees of rotation, meaning turns 2.5 times lock to lock. Hmm, other than the T1/T2, the only other difference between you and me is I bought my FF wheel for NR2003, then found LFS and you already found LFS and are looking for FF wheel now.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I went from Keyboard to Driving Force to Driving Force pro.
Quote from Gabkicks :I went from Keyboard to Driving Force to Driving Force pro.

Me too!!!

I had to

It just kept getting better didn't it gabkicks?
yup

Need a wheel and comments :=)
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG