The online racing simulator
LFS versus HNR
(12 posts, started )
#1 - JeffR
LFS versus HNR
Thought the LFS vs Papy sims would be the last LFS vs other racing game thread but I forgot about HNR, The Simpsons Hit and Run racing game.

Now before you start calling HNR an arcade game, remember that it's a simulation of the cars in the Simpsons cartoon series. In this respect, HNR is probably one of the most accurate sims of all. In addition, you have the actual cars and tracks (the streets of Springfield), as well as the actual characters from the cartoon series. What could be more accurate than that? As usual, I made a video, a tour of Springfield, in the Zombie mobile, an alternative energy source vehicle, which gets it's power from zombie brains instead of gasoline, what could be more politically correct?

hnr.wmv
You, sir, are a decidedly odd person
I don't get it....
#5 - JeffR
Quote from nosliw : I don't get it....

Maybe you've helped power the zombie mobile, so you'll never get it, as the zombie mobile consumed your brain.

Quote :another game with drifting like LFS

This was from another thread. If you pay attention to the video, you'll see that the zombie mobile does a good job of drifting.
Quote from JeffR :Maybe you've helped power the zombie mobile, so you'll never get it, as the zombie mobile consumed your brain.

pwned
-
(510N3D) DELETED by 510N3D
Quote from JeffR :Maybe you've helped power the zombie mobile, so you'll never get it, as the zombie mobile consumed your brain.

Oh I see now....

.... I think
Jeff's just after attention. No one cares for his 'LFS vs xxx, and heres a dodgy video to prove it' threads really, but he just can't help comparing incomparible subjects.
Quote from JeffR :Now before you start calling HNR an arcade game, remember that it's a simulation of the cars in the Simpsons cartoon series. In this respect, HNR is probably one of the most accurate sims of all.

I will have to disagree with this statement purely on the basis that in the Simpsons' universe there is significantly more gore involved. Also on numerous episodes and scenes we have seen vehicles been able to sustain a prolonged period of two-wheel cornering (usually with much flailing of arms of their occupants).

Not to mention that in the same mindframe there should be many many more pedestrians lined-up so you can run over them in one run - as seen in the show - this is not often the case in this simulation and thus I deem it highly unrealistic.

Ofcourse, one must also take in mind the complete lack of narrative imperative in all circumstances of this simulation - something is that is of dominant character in the universe it depicts.

So, to conclude - no dear sir, I shan't accept it as the most realistic simulator. It is giggle-worthy though.

I should also think it important that you do a proper review of the LEGO karting simulations that have been released - my experience with LEGOs and karts of that kind came very close to what is shown in the simulation, apart from the damage modelling naturally.
lol
Quote :
Quote :hnr is a good simulator of the Simpsons

I will have to disagree with this statement purely on the basis that in the Simpsons' universe there is significantly more gore involved.

I sit corrected.

However I felt we needed this thread to put the other LFS vs ... threads in perspective (including my own).
I'm still waiting the LFS vs Arkanoid thread, do I have to create it myself?!!!

LFS versus HNR
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG