The online racing simulator
South City real life high street store textures
Hi racers,

I've replace the fictional South City stores with their real-life counterparts (or thereabouts). I've tried to keep a bit of a pikey feel as we are talking about Sarf London after all :P

These aren't high-res textures, they're just a straight swap for the originals.

[edit] - I've added a KFC version for those that prefer battery chicken to battery cow. The final screenshot shows that version in action.
Attached images
SO_real_1.jpg
SO_real_2.jpg
SO_real_3.jpg
SO-real_4.jpg
SO_real_5.jpg
SO_real_KFC.jpg
Attached files
SO_real.zip - 82.4 KB - 282 views
SO_real_KFC_drk.zip - 83 KB - 244 views
real-life counterparts... nice

I agree - I allways thought the South City Video looked like BlockBuster.
- same colors etc.

...burger king...

Ill keep the original though
...nothing like a good steak at Jack D's

yummy yummy :yummy:
I'm a vegetarian actually - so it's all the same to me. I couldn't bring myself to make it a McDonalds, and nothing else felt like it would be remotely realistic.
Quote from sharkboots :I couldn't bring myself to make it a McDonalds

I like Mcd food BUT I hate their commercials and the way they parasite
on sportsevent and movies etc.

..so GOOD you made it BK

Glad you agree.

Now that I'm thinking about it again, I might have a go at a KFC version. London's littered with fried chicken places.
Nice addon, cheers

BK was a good choice
I have now added a 'KFC' version, in case anyone's interested.
Attached images
SO_real_KFC.jpg
Haha, nice job on them. But i do think you should have one version with all the new ads EXCEPT for Jack D's
Hmmm... how about a Red Light District mod?
Nice mod. I like it. Unfortunately, with the Burger King you have made me very hungery for a Double Whopper. All Burger Kings have gone out of business for some reason around me and the properties sold off. Stinks, because ever since I bit into a very large very hard chunk of something in a McDonald's burger, I can not eat there. Wendy's is my favorite, but BK was a nice change now and then and I get cravings for a Double Whopper.
Looks great! South City looks more realistic with the original, real-world companies.
Quote from bo-kristiansen :

I like Mcd food BUT I hate their commercials and the way they parasite
on sportsevent and movies etc.

..so GOOD you made it BK

Actually McDonalds sponsors quite a lot of sport events, and by the people in there, they are very respected. Like the team in my sig.
Nice job! Something you can't find in another games
#14 - SamH
Wendy's is my fave too, but sadly they're nowhere to be found over here in the UK. BK is a good alternative. I can't eat MickyD's, because they don't seem to sell burgers.

Really nice textures! Well done!
Quote from sharkboots :I'm a vegetarian actually - so it's all the same to me. I couldn't bring myself to make it a McDonalds, and nothing else felt like it would be remotely realistic.

Hehehe, well you don't see several Burger Kings within a few blocks from each other. Only McDonalds does that
In some parts of London you might see about 5 chicken joints within a block - but most of them would ultra-dubious KFC rip-offs ('FCKF', 'Master Fried Chicken', 'Dixie Halal Chicken' etc).

Check this site out for good examples: http://badgas.co.uk/chicken/

Shamefully I can recall purchasing 'food' from some of these establishments, albeit while heavily under the influence.
This can't be real, unless...

London isn't littered with Starbucks coffee shops on every block!?

Lucky!

Love this mod by the way, I was planning on doing something similar, but never bothered to.
Ha ha, of course it is littered with Starbucks but I just didn't fancy including any...

I might post psd files here for anybody to alter to their heart's content.
I finally tested these dds and they look great ingame.

OT - I noticed something strange with a building in SO.
The previous "Suzys Gym" building. It looks like a bunker.
...no windows.
Yeah looks nice good work
Quote from sharkboots :In some parts of London you might see about 5 chicken joints within a block - but most of them would ultra-dubious KFC rip-offs ('FCKF', 'Master Fried Chicken', 'Dixie Halal Chicken' etc).

Check this site out for good examples: http://badgas.co.uk/chicken/

Shamefully I can recall purchasing 'food' from some of these establishments, albeit while heavily under the influence.

next there will be one called Canadian Fried Chicken LOL

now i must be getting back to the mental home

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG