The online racing simulator
The MTT Y2K
(11 posts, started )
The MTT Y2K
I have known this for quite some time and I have information from one of the employees that the MTT Y2K will be playable through a computer game which has release in fall of 2007...

For those who doesnt know what the Y2K is, take a look at www.marineturbine.com/motorsports.asp
and check the movies
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-RQR4Ykq9E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_7_-t6_3dw
Jay Leno owns a Y2K. Listen closely to what he says about a car pulling up behind him...

If you don't find this awsome, I don't know what to give you.
This here creation will give you a hairdue like no other....

Enjoy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MTT_Turbine_SUPERBIKE
http://www.popularmechanics.co ... _leno_garage/1302876.html

EDIT:
The computer game that is schedualed release in fall of 2007 is called "Jacked"....
pointless bike, they go real fast, but apparently handle like a harly, so no good for goin fast anywhere but a runway. the people who buy them will cruise LA and pose at every set of traffic lights and sheek cafe they can find, while drag racing anything thats not afraid. fun isnt in a straight line, its in the corners. i wouldnt have one.

reminds me of the dodge bike, like 5 or 7 litres, but no-one has ridden it over like 50mph yet. pointless.
#3 - Jakg
The Tomahawk? they claim it has done 300 mph, yet someone worked out at 300 mph the air flowing between the bike and the riders chest would rip him off!
Quote from Jakg :The Tomahawk? they claim it has done 300 mph, yet someone worked out at 300 mph the air flowing between the bike and the riders chest would rip him off!

If I remember correctly, The Tomahawk is not a series production bike.. They have created X numbers of them but they are not massive producted related to the Y2k.

Quote :
The Tomahawk is a Viper V-10 based motorcycle, a 500 horsepower engine with four wheels beneath it. The engine breathes through twin throttle bodies mounted right up front. (That's what the two round things above the front tires are).

Chrysler sold nine replicas through Neiman Marcus, for up to $555,000 each. The motorcycles cannot be legally driven on public roads. A Chrysler spokesman told Reuters they were meant as rolling sculptures - but they can probably still be driven on private roads (the rolling-sculpture comment may be designed to avoid legal liability).

The Tomahawk concept is an awesome-sounding machine; we have not driven it, as you may expect, but did see it started up and revved. Clouds of blue smoke vied for attention with the throaty rumble of the mighty V-10, and hitting the gas visibly opened the twin throttle body blades up front where the headlight would normally be. Though deeper and more rumbling than most motorcycles, it did not seem to be louder overall - just deeper and less shrill.

Rumors had the Tomahawk selling for under $200,000, most likely at a loss or breakeven price, for publicity purposes - but still fully drivable. Wolfgang Bernhard, Chrysler's first mate at introduction time, was said to be enthusiastic about that project, so much so that hundreds were projected to be built at under $200,000 each. They reportedly cost Chrysler over $100,000 to build (the work is outsourced).

The Dodge Tomahawk can reach 60 miles an hour in about 2.5 seconds, and has a theoretical top speed of nearly 400 mph. Each pair of wheels is separated by a few inches and each wheel has an independent suspension. Bernhard said four wheels were necessary to handle the power from the engine.

The Tomahawk remains on display at auto shows - though well out of reach of the general public, elevated on a special display.

Source: http://www.allpar.com/cars/concepts/tomahawk.html
The Tomahawk is a Viper V-10 based motorcycle, a 500 horsepower engine with four wheels beneath it.

The Tomahawk motorcycle, with four wheels beneath it.

something doesnt add up. lol
The Tomahawk is not a bike. It's a monster (in my point of view)..
A motorbike is not sepose to have 4 tires.....
More of a frankenstein machine than a motorcycle. (although I suppose that's what you were getting at by calling it a monster)
It's a car without a roof, doors or anything remotely internal, and width a very narrow track width. And bike-esque styling.

Anyway, MTT Superbike looks very nice, a shame engine is so expensive but looks a nice bit of kit. I take it ~500lb is a bit heavy for a bike? That miserable git kept slagging it off said it wouldn't do corners. I admit the lag would be a pain but hey I'm used to FXR.
My father's 1981 Kawasaki GPz-550 was considered a pretty decently handling bike at the time and weighed 472 lbs fully fueled. A modern 600cc sportbike weighs about 400 lbs fully fueled. 1000cc sportbikes are a little heavier at about 440-450 lbs fully fueled. A 1200cc Harley Sportster weighs about 500-550 lbs dry. My 250cc dual-purpose bike weighs 250 lbs dry (290 fully fueled). A Suzuki Hayabusa weighs 480 lbs dry.

So, no, 500 lbs isn't really all that bad for a bike.
Quote from Bob Smith :It's a car without a roof, doors or anything remotely internal, and width a very narrow track width. And bike-esque styling.

Anyway, MTT Superbike looks very nice, a shame engine is so expensive but looks a nice bit of kit. I take it ~500lb is a bit heavy for a bike? That miserable git kept slagging it off said it wouldn't do corners. I admit the lag would be a pain but hey I'm used to FXR.

500lbs is around 230kgs which is kind of normal for a bike that size....
Well, if it's handling you're worried about, just drop it into a caterham or radical or something. Shouldn't be a difficult conversion--the engine isn't too big.

The MTT Y2K
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG