The online racing simulator
Quote from Goop :... the guy with the biceps?

very cool

damn you for putting those ideas into everyones mind
Man, I'd hate to see the price tag on one of those things. Still... It looks so much fun, how can one resist the urge to save? GASP! Maybe if I save a little every paycheck, I can afford it by the time S3 comes out!

And as for price, I'm guessing it varies. From the site, it seems most of the stuff is custom tailored to each purchase. More expensive parts, more expensive pricetag.

Still looks fun though
Anyways.....

The video of the driving wasn't so bad, but I do think you could have done a better job to give an example of the 301's abilities. You should have some sort of reference point around the whole setup to see how much tilt is actually happening. With this I don't see anything at all, it is just vibration and yee-haw in the driver's seat. If there was some line on the wall in front of it or something, so that you can see the tilt/roll/pitch in play, then it would be a way better video in my opinion.
Holy Smokes! That Looks Flippin' REAL!!!!
Damn this looks real!!
I tested the system during the Rally Finland with RBR, and loved it
The only thing missing there is sadly the sound from the kerbs, which I've been demanding since S1...
-
Pricing for Force Dynamics 301 (sshhaabb) DELETED by sshhaabb
ive got a feeling that by the time the g25 is available in germany ill have enough money to buy a 301
Quote from sshhaabb :

Pricing
(includes at full system standard base of $33,000 US):

Jesus Christ!! 33.000 dollars! Isn't it a litlle over priced?!
Overpriced? No considering the concept, specs and performance.

On the other hand if that was released by Apple it would be called iFurce and it would have white paint on it: price $78,000. Black paint would be optional for an extra $11,000.

And you couldn't play games with it.

And you'd have to buy a fire extinguisher.
No chance of buying due to these problems and complaints:

1. too noisy
2. too big
3. too high maitnence
4. no money

please note on how i am talking about the machine, not the guy that certain(not me) people are gay with!

edit: if i get it i need $32,888 , who's closest to buying one?
That is awesome. I think i'm gonna buy one. Let me just get my wallet.

EDIT: Shit, I only need $32,984 (converted into £) left to buy one.
26.300,- €?

I would get me a nice used Caterham with a spare set of slick tires for trackdays for that kind of money.....

The video looks incredibly real though.....the vibrations remind me of the Champ Car race last weekend.....
Yes, an absolute awesome looking piece of machinery. If I was super rich, I would definitely get one for those evenings I'm not spending at the real track. I do think it is a bit ridiculous, well, a lot ridiculous price though. Just look at the options. A $60 Momo wheel option for $190. And it only says wheel, not sure about pedals as it is another option for 3 pedals. I like the $5 waterbottle and bracket for $50. A nice touch those jewels will be in the waterbottle.

But then again, folks over here still insist on spending $20-25,000 on a Harley Davidson motorcycle when you can get 10 times the bike from Honda, Kawasaki, or Yamaha for only $8-10,000.
Well, think about it. Say you've got a pile of money and want to buy a "fun" car, not something practical or for everyday use, just something to zip about in. $33k will get you a nice car with modest sporting capabilities.

Or, you can spend that $33k on this, and get dozens of cars, many of them with serious sporting capabilities. And you won't have to pay insurance.
Or ever feel the wind in your hair, get wet, smell fuel fumes, sweat in a hot cockpit, breathe the air of all 7 continents and have hot pit babes gather around your car.
Quote from Bob Smith :Or ever... have hot pit babes gather around your car.

Eh? Speak for yourself. Why do you think I'm so slow after a year and a half? It's because I can't concentrate with all my pit babes hanging around the PC.
Quote from mrodgers :...I can't concentrate with all my pit babes hanging around the PC.

Your mom and sister in bikinis?

Still... that's more than I'll ever have.
Quote from mrodgers :Yes, an absolute awesome looking piece of machinery. If I was super rich, I would definitely get one for those evenings I'm not spending at the real track. I do think it is a bit ridiculous, well, a lot ridiculous price though. Just look at the options. A $60 Momo wheel option for $190. And it only says wheel, not sure about pedals as it is another option for 3 pedals. I like the $5 waterbottle and bracket for $50. A nice touch those jewels will be in the waterbottle.

But then again, folks over here still insist on spending $20-25,000 on a Harley Davidson motorcycle when you can get 10 times the bike from Honda, Kawasaki, or Yamaha for only $8-10,000.

First off, this price list isn't supposed to be public. Its being posted on this forum will confuse issues greatly in countries where we have exclusive distributors (often due to differing warrantee and safety requirements that change the retail price of the machine quite a bit). Normally I'd think, "Well, who's going to know about the LFSforum post?" but I've seen it happen before and it takes a lot of explaining.

The Momo wheel option is there basically as a hold-over and due to previous customer requests. We don't recommend it, but as our wheel is far more expensive, the option is there if a private customer wants it. The hardware required to mount that "$60 wheel" actually does cost something, as the wheel doesn't just magically snap into place in the machine.

Also, perhaps you would like to build one-off custom brackets, with shop time at $40/hour, with good fit and finish, for $5? If you can, I'll buy them from you.

And finally, if you would like to point out a list of our competitors who are providing better hardware for 1/10th the price, I'm all ears. Otherwise, accusing my company of ripping people off with useless glitz won't sit well with me.

-David W.

[edit: A quick note about pricing - I'm not saying that nobody should say, "Oh, it's about $30k." But if you're talking to friends about it, I would appreciate if you say, "It's about $30k in the United States." That's really all that needs to happen for everything to be a lot clearer!]
hmmm .I really like to have got one of this toy but with 33000U$ maybe a complet Corolla is a better choice ...
perisoft, if it would be of great preference, I can remove the price list from the above forum post.

(although probably best to contact the user directly first)
Perisoft, many apologies for posting the price and upsetting your feelings. Its a great machine and can apprecite all the work and effort put into it.

Bob please remove the price,

Kind regards to all.

Post removed!!!!
sshhaabb - you are able to edit your own post.

since you're about I'l let you do it.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG