The online racing simulator
FlatOut 2
(23 posts, started )
FlatOut 2
Anyone here play FlatOut 2 ?

actually... its not that bad. -and great fun.

I think its cool that you are in neutral gear at the startgrid
and have to put it in first gear when the start goes.

If only they could have made a non wreching - pure racing version
of this game with clear racing tracks with no holes, tyres, debris etc.
on the tracks, it would have been pretty cool.

Anyway its a great game when you need to relax from the seriousness
of LFS.
I played it once
I played that part where you have to throw the Driver out of the windshield.
#3 - ZORER
i play "c&c generals" with a trainer giving me unlimited money.To relax from the seriousness of LFS, add 7 hard armies of random nations.
I loved flatout 1

I play SWAT4 and Battlefield 2 (POE2 mod) to relax from lfs

OR i just join a bangers server and have a laugh pissing around and enjoying the outside views in LFS
Quote from bo-kristiansen :I think its cool that you are in neutral gear at the startgrid
and have to put it in first gear when the start goes.

You can put the car in gear before the race starts. You can even put the car to gear during the loading screen
I got pissed off about FlatOut 1 because they turned a good engine (that could have had potential for a much more realistic dirt track game) to complete shit with all the stupid driving aids and after I realised FlatOut 2 could be called BurnOut meets Need For Speed: Most Wanted, I don't have any interest to even try it. I don't give any domestic points even that Bugbear is a Finnish dev team.
I was looking forward to Flatout 1 for over a year. The screenshots looked wild, and I was really curious to see how the "Halflife 2 of racing games" would turn out. I was/still am pretty ignorant of the more serious racing sims, seeing only uninspired silly car games everywhere. But Flatout looked different (crazy damage model) and I'd never really lost hope that something fun and innovative was on the way. When it came out I did like it- it was really chaotic. I also felt the driving model was pretty good (never played LFS huh?). Graphics were pretty awesome- trees were mostly modelled instead of just intersecting alpha textures (how I wish we could leave those ugly things behind!!) I could play with the keys and it was a fun challenge keeping up with or beating the AI on the later levels. It reminded me of my home town, bush racing tracks everywhere which people had made over time. I'm rambling on...

Flatout 2. I've seen it and played a bit, but now it seems all a bit over the top. The bloom effect is seriously out of control and there's too much stuff on the track now. Maybe I'll sit down with it and have a proper go, but now LFS has come along, I'm maybe starting to think it's a bit childish. Also, the physics have changed, but i'm not really so sure for the better.

Ah heck, I'll give it another go...
#8 - mr_x
Flatout 2 is awesome, I love the mini-games on it, whenever I got mates here it's all we ever do... competition time!! :P

I don't really play it other than that though, completed the career, and I use LFS for online racing
Yeah the Bloom effect is silly and over the top. -so I took it off.

And agree... ..theres TOO much stuff on the tracks.
- Gets annoying after a while.

But I like the amount of details the cars have. - wreched and non wreched.
- and its harder to get the driver to fly out the windsrceen in FO2 than in FO1.

And Arena Derby's are such fun.
Agree the bloom is over the top but to be fair the graphics look pretty damn good and it still runs at high framerates, I really think they've done a good job there.

As for the objects on track there are a lot, but I guess they just further add immersion.

The physics are different this time around, but still highly enjoyable, and thats what I play the game for, fun. Its so good for a quick thrash with the keyboard (havnt got my wheel at uni), I just love it.
I got bored about half way through the races for the last car-type. It just became NFSU with damage.
Quote : As for the objects on track there are a lot, but I guess they just further add immersion.

It's like someone's going, 'hey, here's something- why don't you smash through it!!!!"

Ok, I've had a bit more of a go... and I gotta say, this is one of the craziest games i've ever played! It's so extreme, pepsi max extreme..! I've settled into the simpler gameplay- you're not punished like LFS punishes you for doing something stupid, you're actually rewarded for doing something stupid! The driving is a bit too aim and fire, but this is arcade.. so hey? Once again, the graphics have kindof blown me away, especially the 'field' tracks, the trees are gorgeous and I wish they were like that in LFS. The city tracks are incredible too- you sadly realise how badly the LFS graphics need an update, not in the same way or style as Flatout, (I hope not!), but something?

...not sure if this is the road to wisdom, but it sure is excessive!
Flatout 2 felt like it was trying to be a Burnout clone. The menus looked the same, the cars looked the same, even the music was the same. Didn't like it.
is there a demo yet?
i never buy anything what i havent tried before
Flatout 2 has 5000 destructable objects per track, with Flatout 1 had 3000 objects per track

NB: i counted all objects myself kidding
It's actually a pretty fun game to play went you want a quick blast without having to think to much.

And it looks GORGEOUS, how they get it to run so well with graphics that slick is pretty good.

Dan,
I never played any of the burnouts, but I agree it has that console feel about it.

Quote :And it looks GORGEOUS, how they get it to run so well with graphics that slick is pretty good.

Yeah, I think it runs even better than the old Flatout- with all those extra objects and fancy shaders..? How did they do it?

Completely off topic, but I just turned on my computer and my sound card drivers have completely dissapeared. No sound whatsoever. Even weirder, I'd just bought a pair of headphones to try out! illepall
Quote from Electrik Kar :Completely off topic, but I just turned on my computer and my sound card drivers have completely dissapeared. No sound whatsoever. Even weirder, I'd just bought a pair of headphones to try out! illepall

haha.. thats so typical.
Last week i was fixing and making my bicycle
ready to standthrough the winter times, and what happened...?
- next day BOTH braking cables broke.
Quote from bo-kristiansen :Last week i was fixing and making my bicycle
ready to standthrough the winter times, and what happened...?
- next day BOTH braking cables broke.

Similar thing happened to my last week - I serviced the hubs of my commuting bicycle, oiled up the freewheel nicely, trued both wheels only to have the freewheel literally explode (ball bearings flying all over the place) next day when I stood on the pedals for an uphill. Quite spectacular.
GGrrrrrrrr!!

I can't believe this. I think the card is wasted. Must have damaged it as I was trying to put the headphones in (I noticed the card came out a little bit, no screws but putting it back in properly and reinstalling drivers does nothing). I'm PO'd because I was going to compose some music for my girlfriend for her birthday, and put it on a new MP3 player for her. But now, looks like I can't.
Lame

But if Beethoven could do it deaf, you can do it!
Don't you mean if I could do it deaf, so could Beethoven?

edit: fixed! Bad registry. I went back to yesterday's system restore. Huzzah!

FlatOut 2
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG