The online racing simulator
A Public Apology.
(33 posts, started )
A Public Apology.
I thought it'd be more suitable to make an Public Apology on here, than on the CD LFS GTR League server/section of the LFS Forum.

I just want to apologise to those that were affected of witnessing the arguements the past afternoon, involving me, Legends Tom, -hk- Bonalls. and one of the CD Admins on [CD] ConeDodgersRacing1

I admit that I debate just a little, but it's not intentionally to piss them off *excluding wind up jokes* but its to literally learn, and to see from their perspective of opinions.

But today things went a bit too far, and my frustrations increased after a cockup last lap, which kinda let the animal loose. And insults were thrown at me, which I considered a bit "boring", because it frankly doesnt achieve anything.

I apologise for the argument I may have caused this afternoon. It is not my attention to be a "wanker" on LFS, and I sincerley hope that hasn't been achieved at all.

I'll tone down the arguements (tend to stop that completely) starting after this topic, and just race. And I'll tone down the wind up jokes, frankly I feel thats how everything gets started up, by taking things the wrong way. If I crash, I crash. Might as well just get on with it.

I hope you can accept my apology.

Dave
well done dave

takes balls to apolagise in public (most people in your position wouldn't even admit they had anything to apolagise for)

your not the only one to have apolagised for things

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=6469

Quote from tinvek :well done dave

takes balls to apolagise in public (most people in your position wouldn't even admit they had anything to apolagise for)

your not the only one to have apolagised for things

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=6469

^^ Respect .

I've got a lot of balls, believe me .

I intend to solve my problem, and I will make sure that is an success.
I would say that I would respect that too...

but I must admit I had... actually didnt have any argue with [LEGENDS]Bambuse at Conedodgers server due to my messages blocked. It was a kind of one sided argue I didnt take part in which resulted in being banned there . What I could figure out later from .mpr is that my midrace joining with slower XRR and keeping pace (niot fighting for positions) blueflagged wasnt welcomed.

So from my point of view it looks like similar with both teams thou I didnt witness that prticular situation so my opinion can be wrong.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :I know what everybody's thinking, so I'll ask: How many balls do you have, exactly, Dave?

Would you like to come over and find out?
-
As people have said: It takes alot of balls to apolgise.

So, well done.
Hi Dave

First of all thanks for the apology, but i have no idea what for. I can possible throw a bit of light here to calm things down.

As you are aware the LFS: GTR League seems to have been going well. So much so that we are getting a massive amount of drivers coming onto the server to see what its all about, causing all sorts of lag and disconnect problems.

Franky500 was on the server today as we have had several mass-disconnects. The server had been moved to a brand new box yet the problem still remains. I have asked everyone to help including the devs for help but have received little from anyone. Everyone blames everyone else. The devs blame the servers, the server blame the racers, the racers blame the server or LFS and i am in the middle.

In desperation Franky500 suggested that we went back from U20 to U so we put Patch U back on [CD] 2 and i took the password off. I then asked everyone to move over which they kindly did.

I hope thats all clear so far, but I forgat to change the setting for the grid from Random that was used in the LFS: GTR League qualifying rounds last week.

Now if you want to piss off the faster racers leaving a grid to Random is a sure way to get some choice words from racers as the whole race becomes a mad dash and you can often get very slow cars at the front.

The number of restart goes up and so does everyones temper level.

Once the server is empty, if it ever is i will restart [CD] 2 so everyone goes on [CD] 1 that has its normal settings.

So maybe it should be me who gives everyone an apology.

By the way the website had the divisions on
#8 - PCCD
Respect Dave.

That deserves a pint.
It's not your fault if the servers are having problems Birder. These things happen.
Quote from BigDave2967 :It's not your fault if the servers are having problems Birder. These things happen.

Could the 30 or so people who have had a go at me about the server problems please read BigDave's Post
#11 - CSU1
Ok, sorry for thread jacking BigDave, I didn't want to duplicate "Public Apology" thread,
I'd like to add something to this thread, if I may:

On Friday 20th last I insulted some of our forum members
under the name Yoink, on what topics I can't remember
as I had too much drink that day.

SamH(I hope) has agreed not to issue a ban for my idiotic carry on,
so to the members of forum involved you have
my upmost apology and it wont happen again.
Quote from birder :Could to 30 or so people who have had a go at me about the server problems please read BigDave's Post

I am BigDave lol. I didn't have a go at you for server problems, its expected if your server is extremely popular for the league and number of drivers attending on it a day.
Quote from birder :
In desperation Franky500 suggested that we went back from U20 to U so we put Patch U back on [CD] 2 and i took the password off. I then asked everyone to move over which they kindly did.

could you please explain me why am I banned on CD1 server and not on CD2 hence theres no problem of incompatible patch (Im still on 0.5U with no problems connecting to CD2 server yesterday).
I wouldnt address this to you on the forum but my PMs to you CD guys remain not answered. I wouldnt even bother posting but you take all the participants from DRT if there is one up - pointing system

edit: apart from that I compared list of servers in my LFS and on LFSWorld site and I cant see any pattern: I can see both U20 and 0.5U on my 0.5U LFS (no new patches installed) (certainly with the same filters settings) but it is like 8/15 servers available
any comments?
Quote from AndRand :could you please explain me why am I banned on CD1 server and not on CD2 hence theres no problem of incompatible patch (Im still on 0.5U with no problems connecting to CD2 server yesterday).
I wouldnt address this to you on the forum but my PMs to you CD guys remain not answered. I wouldnt even bother posting but you take all the participants from DRT if there is one up - pointing system

edit: apart from that I compared list of servers in my LFS and on LFSWorld site and I cant see any pattern: I can see both U20 and 0.5U on my 0.5U LFS (no new patches installed) (certainly with the same filters settings) but it is like 8/15 servers available
any comments?

Point 1) There is no PM from you to myself and as i am the only "[CD] Guy" thats where is must go.

Point 2) [CD] 1 and [CD] 2 are not linked so a ban on one will not be a ban on the other. [CD] 2 is normally private but yesreday due to changing back to version U from U22 the server was public.

Point 3) There are a number of Admin Marshalls on both the servers who first do upto 3 warnings using chat and if that does not have the desired effect they use /kick. But is a serious situation such as wrecking and the like, they will /ban. This could be for 12 hours or life. Whatever they do and why they do it will not be discussed on this forum and unless you have a replay to prove the ban was not deserved, a ban will not be unbanned. [CD] server attract racers due to the good racing that people enjoy so I fully support my Admin Marshals in their actions. I do not ask Admin Marshalls to tell me why they /ban a driver, they know what they are doing and i trust them.

Point 4) Racers can also vote to ban you if they feel you are being a real pain and spoiling there racing. This would be for 12 hours

Point 5) [CD] servers have some of the fastest racers on LFS using them so if you cannot run a reasonable lap time for 10 laps i suggest you go to another server. Racers who constantly Shift+s without doing a full lap are not welcome.

Point 6) If you refer to [CD] 2 yesterday the grid was set to Random so the faster drivers could well be on the back row and this causes tempers to be short after the 5the restart.

Finally if you see [CD] Birder on either [CD] 1 or [CD] 2 dont argue with me if i ask you to do something like "Obey blue flags" or "Calm down" or "stop spamming" or "stop swearing" as i will kick you once and on your return tell you why and if another word is said i will ban you. [CD] 1 is a very busy and very full server so if you are banned it will soon fill up again.
A question for you Birder,

Who are admins on the servers, I know of you and Lotesdelere, anyone else?
Quote from birder :
Finally if you see [CD] Birder on either [CD] 1 or [CD] 2 dont argue with me if i ask you to do something like "Obey blue flags" or "Calm down" or "stop spamming" or "stop swearing" as i will kick you once and on your return tell you why and if another word is said i will ban you. [CD] 1 is a very busy and very full server so if you are banned it will soon fill up again.

there was no such behavior from me, as I stated I had messages blocked.
Now I get "Host refused connection" on GO (for a week or so) and I think we could solve this on PMs. I have no record of messages at LFSWorld, so I send something as forum PM.
Quote from birder :Point 1) There is no PM from you................ banned it will soon fill up again.

Without quoting the whole of your post, I like your style.

Back on topic, I'm always a little uneasy about public apologies to individuals. They almost always end up treating the apologiser as some kind of hero! It takes BALLS to say sorry? No, it ought to take humility, a rare thing unfortunately,
2c
Quote from DanneDA :A question for you Birder,

Who are admins on the servers, I know of you and Lotesdelere, anyone else?

There are currently 8 Admin Marshalls on the servers and i am sorry DA bit i am not at liberty to name then.

I have watched all of them race and trust thier judgement but please be aware that having [CD] XXXX as a name does not give anyone automatic admin rights.

I can confirm that [CM] Lotesdelere is one of them, who helps me with the league and without his help i am not sure i could manage it on my own.

Firstly i dont think its right to name then without their permission, secondly it may put pressure on them from their mates for the Admin Password, thirdly i do not want to see then bombarded with personal messages asking for /restarts /bans Etc and lastly, if racers knew who they were, some would demand they did something while they are racing, something that has happened to me "Loads of times", so many in fact i do no admin while i race anymore.

By the way you made it into Division 2 "DA" which is pretty good considering how many aliens are in the league.
Quote from AndRand :there was no such behavior from me, as I stated I had messages blocked.
Now I get "Host refused connection" on GO (for a week or so) and I think we could solve this on PMs. I have no record of messages at LFSWorld, so I send something as forum PM.

I have already PM'ed you saying that i will not /unban anyone unless they send me a replay so i can see what happened, and said that it is rare that someone gets a /ban xxxx 999 so maybe you can get back on in a few days.

If you do o hope you learn from this and as i see it this matter is closed.
Quote from CSU1 :Ok, sorry for thread jacking BigDave, I didn't want to duplicate "Public Apology" thread,
I'd like to add something to this thread, if I may:

On Friday 20th last I insulted some of our forum members
under the name Yoink, on what topics I can't remember
as I had too much drink that day.

SamH(I hope) has agreed not to issue a ban for my idiotic carry on,
so to the members of forum involved you have
my upmost apology and it wont happen again.

No, very much to the contrary, I believe this deserves its own thread, and maybe a PM or two. Drunk or not, it is not the way to act. It's pretty spineless to apologize in here, if you want to apologize and are genuinely serious about it, you'd want as many people to see it as possible. I'm not a moderator, but if I was, you'd be banned. That's no way to act on a forum, and reflects negatively on the community as a whole.

I'm sorry to sound so angry, but I was fairly enraged with "yoink's" behavior.

Thank you.
#21 - SamH
I'll just quickly jump in and say that CSU1 and I had a pretty frank back/forth in PMs, and at the end of that I was quite happy that a) no reiteration of yoink! or his behaviour would be starring on the LFS forums again, ever, and b) that a new day should be just that.

It was an error of judgement that CSU1 has absolutely accepted (booze can ruin everyone's day), and I think it's a goof that any of us could make - at least could make once, anyway. I didn't place any expectations on CSU1 to make it generally known that he was yoink!, and I was happy for it to remain a secret between him and us (mods and devs). I reckon that the fact that he's a good and honest bloke at heart drove him to make it public, and acute embarassment drove him to put it in this thread rather than start a fresh one.

This post is already far longer than I wanted it to be, and I apologize for that. I guess I'm asking for everyone to put yoink! in the past, and not to judge CSU1 on the basis of one night of diminished responsibility. Give a little, and if it's ever needed, hope to be allowed to take a little some day too. As I said to CSU1 in PMs, we're all friends with a great and common interest. When one of us stumbles, lets the rest of us be there to help them back up.

Sorry for perpetuating the thread hijack, Dave and birder. It's great to see things resolved so pleasantly. Kudos to you both
Alright, to continue this threadjack, I'd now like to apologize to CSU1 and anyone that I may have offended with my post. I wasn't really in a bad mood last night, but it was fairly late, and I over reacted. Thank you for owning up to your actions publicly, even if you didn't have to. You did the right thing I'm very sorry for jumping down your throat.

Oh, and for those of you who don't know me very well, (which I assume is most of you,) I despise alcohol and the effect it has on otherwise good, reasonable people. I can only assume that this was part of my response last night.

I believe this calls for a group hug :grouphug: and a round (of soda ) for everyone
#23 - CSU1
Quote from 96 GTS :Alright, to continue this threadjack, I'd now like to apologize to CSU1 and anyone that I may have offended with my post. I wasn't really in a bad mood last night, but it was fairly late, and I over reacted. Thank you for owning up to your actions publicly, even if you didn't have to. You did the right thing I'm very sorry for jumping down your throat.

Oh, and for those of you who don't know me very well, (which I assume is most of you,) I despise alcohol and the effect it has on otherwise good, reasonable people. I can only assume that this was part of my response last night.

I believe this calls for a group hug :grouphug: and a round (of soda ) for everyone

:lovies3d: :grouphug: :laola: :clapclap: :woohoo: Thank you!
#24 - Jakg
...and the moral is, have a pc so confusing you can't use it when your pissed!
Quote from Doorman :
Quote from birder :
Point 1) There is no PM from you................ banned it will soon fill up again.

Without quoting the whole of your post, I like your style.

To sum up my PMs with birder this is what it all comes to. A /999 ban for my arguing (while having messages blocked ) and after a week I am to find .mpr to prove my point.

No, there is a better way - couple more servers with the same popular combo as it happened yesterday. cheers
-

A Public Apology.
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG