The online racing simulator
Driving Force Pro questions
Hi,
I am interested in the Driving Force Pro and have a few questions regarding it(bare with me on this):

-As with a real wheel when you turn it you have to return it back to the center to drive straight does the DFP have a 'spring' or does it stay true to this?

-Can the sequential stick shifter be moved to the left side like the momo?

-Is the product durable as in the calibration of accel. and brake and the general build quality?

-Are the buttons on the wheel all able to be used in the game?

-When the settings are correct does the wheel move exactly proportionate to wheel movements graphically in the cockpit?

Thanks,
TheAnimal
Quote from TheAni :Hi,
I am interested in the Driving Force Pro and have a few questions regarding it(bare with me on this):

-As with a real wheel when you turn it you have to return it back to the center to drive straight does the DFP have a 'spring' or does it stay true to this?

-Can the sequential stick shifter be moved to the left side like the momo?

-Is the product durable as in the calibration of accel. and brake and the general build quality?

-Are the buttons on the wheel all able to be used in the game?

-When the settings are correct does the wheel move exactly proportionate to wheel movements graphically in the cockpit?

Thanks,
TheAnimal

Hi Animal

1. You've got both choices here, the physics of the game will determine whether the wheel returns to the centre, but there is also the option of a return to centre spring.

2. The sequential stick is fixed, so can't be moved.

3. I've had mine a while now and all seems to be fine, there are some issues regarding the durability of pedals, but i would think you need to be abusing them regularly to break them.

4. I have every single wheel assigned to do something in LFS, over the top maybe, but very usefull!!

5. Yes, when congifured properly, the wheel rotation does match the wheel in game

All in all, for a relatively cheap wheel now due to G25, its well worth it, you'll have some good use out of it

Andrew
Wow, that sounds awesome!!
Thanks for the reply!
#4 - Gunn
*New stock of the DFP will almost certainly contain the newer Revision 2 pedals that do not share all of the inherent problems that the orginal DFP and Momo pedals had.
There are DFP wheels in select stores in Istanbul for around about 100 -120 Turkish Liras (about equivalent to AUS dollars). I really want one, but I'm not working at the moment. If I can land a decent job (probably teaching English), I'll probably save up for the G25 as the reviews and testimonials are too positive to ignore. Failing that, I'll ask my gf for a DFP next bday! If I can pluck up the courage..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG