The online racing simulator
Audio Cable - What The Wires Do?
(7 posts, started )
#1 - Jakg
Currently, i use 3.5 mm audio cable to plug my mic and speakers into my sound card, however with my new sound card the leads i use (extension leads) are too thick to have both extensions plugged in at the same time. I am going to butcher the end of the extension (one at least), and use the end off an old lead i have (from a cable that got torn in half). I've removed the outer casing off the broken lead, and am left with then end (the jack) and about 2 inches of cable, i've then stripped this down to leave the white and red wires - before i butcher up the other cable and render it permanently broken, do i just tie the ends of the wire together (ie white wire, to the white wire) - or does each metal bit have to be for a different bit?

Hope this makes sense!
Quote from Jakg :Currently, i use 3.5 mm audio cable to plug my mic and speakers into my sound card, however with my new sound card the leads i use (extension leads) are too thick to have both extensions plugged in at the same time. I am going to butcher the end of the extension (one at least), and use the end off an old lead i have (from a cable that got torn in half). I've removed the outer casing off the broken lead, and am left with then end (the jack) and about 2 inches of cable, i've then stripped this down to leave the white and red wires - before i butcher up the other cable and render it permanently broken, do i just tie the ends of the wire together (ie white wire, to the white wire) - or does each metal bit have to be for a different bit?

Hope this makes sense!

Audio wiring in its basic form is just 4 leads... Left + and -, and Right + and -... White is left, red is right... You can just tie them together, but you may want to make a more solid and isolated connection to keep it from interfering too much.
#3 - Jakg
Quote from TagForce :Audio wiring in its basic form is just 4 leads... Left + and -, and Right + and -... White is left, red is right... You can just tie them together, but you may want to make a more solid and isolated connection to keep it from interfering too much.

only a mono mic cable anyway - sellotape be enough sheilding?
Hardly ideal.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#5 - Jakg
Quote from thisnameistaken :Buy a roll of electrician's tape (30p) and a cheap soldering iron (a fiver, ish, maybe).

have some solder, a soldering iron and some tape - that's what i did, it aint pretty (like most of my "ghetto" pc mods) - but it works
i have a solution, buy a marshell amp, and a guitar, and make your own noise :bannana_g
#7 - Jakg
yay - i was trying to save a fiver on a cable, why don't i just blow the lot!

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG