The online racing simulator
LFS doesn't save controller settings / Keyboard shortcuts for sliders?
One annoying issue with LFS I have is that it won't save a bunch of settigns in my profile - with each restart, I have to re-assign buttons and axes and re-do my wheel settings, the in-game language is reset and a whole lot of other settings get lost, too - among them, especially funny, the "Intro and exit screen: [show]/[skip]" setting, which becomes completely meaningless this way.

So when I go ahead and do re-enter all my settings, I come across another problem - some sliders are too insensitive to be set to some specific values!

Specifically, I cannot set my wheel turn to exactly 360° - only 361° or 358°. I haven't found any keys yet that I could use to change the sliders with instead either.

What can I do about this?
select the LFS folder right click and go to properties and make sure the "read only" box isnt checked
Progress!
While the LFS folder or any of the subfolders weren't set to read-only, some of the files inside the subfolders in data/ were - after setting them all to writeable, the settings do get saved now.

However, I still have that problem with setting the wheel turn slider to 360° ...
right click on the slider and you should be able to enter the degrees manually. Havent tried it but it works for most sliders in LFS.
I guess, it should work, when you change this in the cfg file: Wheel Turn 360.00
Quote from sil3ntwar :right click on the slider and you should be able to enter the degrees manually.

D'oh moment of the day here! That works perfectly, many thanks.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG