The online racing simulator
UK LFS meet, All Welcome
(492 posts, started )
I don't think they'll need a race suit. Their birthday suits will do just fine...
:doh: Maybe I should've asked in PM

Edit: Thanks Bob

Edit^2: Where have people got their train tickets from? I cant make it down to the train station today, and thetrainline.co.uk wont take my card (bastards!!)
hey .. mr.hacksaw.... any idea on software yet? i am probably going to be brining a laptop up and was wondering what u think will work best.
To record it? Well the input is Composite Video (no sound afaik, but you'd have to ask Will), so I will use my Ati box-of-tricks to get Composite Line-In. From that it's a matter of choosing software. I know I could record it with ATi TV software, using a high quality format (lots of disk space :S). Then that will be edited (if I do it) using Sony Vegas 6.0.

If anyone can think of software that can record directly from Video-In on a 9800 Pro All-In-Wonder, with good ish quality but not huge file sizes then I'm all ears. If not, I'll take the easy option and use ATi TV.
What's wrong with huge filesizes? You'll probably want to multipass encode it with an MPEG4 compatible codec once you're done with the editing anyway.
good job u got that then.. cos my laptop iis just bog standard.. will use it for other things instead.. lap times, positions.. stuff like that.. what do you reckon?
they have live lap timings and race positions etc on computer screens posted around the place, but bring it just in case
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :they have live lap timings and race positions etc on computer screens posted around the place, but bring it just in case

yeah i know that. i was just gonna save them u know..... unless they are going to transfer all of it onto a disc for us............

*end sarcasm mode*
Huge filesizes are a problem if your hard drives are getting full. Looks like I'll have to order a 300GB drive soon. Does anyone have an external/removable firewire/usb harddrive, just in case things get tight? Don't want to end up missing the finish for example...
Got a USB2.0 to IDE converter, would that help? Or is it not fast enough?
Can plug in a standard IDE hard-drive into USB with it.
Would it help if I bring my laptop along?, I also have access to a portable USB DVD burner and a 160GB "One Touch" USB harddrive if that will help.

Just PM me if you need them.

Dan.
Well, I'm gonna order a 300GB HDD today to replace on of my 80GB drives, so I should have at least 220GB to play with in one lump (and more on the other drive).

I also have a Dual Layer DVD writer, so I can burn some stuff, but only about 8GB to DVD as and when I suppose. I think we'll be okay, I'll just have top calculate the correct bit rate for recording so I don't use more than 220GB in the race + beforehand + afterwards.
Take loads of blank DVDs Tristan Ill buy one of you :up:
/me orders dual layer DVD's!

How much are, and where can I buy, Dual Layer, Double Sided DVD's? 16GB.... should be more than enough...

If I can't fit it on DVD's there and then, I'll take your addresses, and a bit of change to cover postage, and post them to you guys a few days later...
:google:
Quote from tristancliffe :How much are, and where can I buy, Dual Layer, Double Sided DVD's? 16GB.... should be more than enough...

www.overclockers.co.uk
:bump:

UK LFS meet, All Welcome
(492 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG