The online racing simulator
S2 Licence Suggestion
(17 posts, closed, started )
S2 Licence Suggestion
Hi,

As i was just looking through the threads in the beginner section, well i seen a guy asking if he had to pay for 3 lots of S2 licence so his family (Him and his 2 kids could race) on different computers. But i looked at his licence and it says Demo Racer(like me, think ill wait for S3) So i assume he hasnt bought it due to the cost? I just thought wouldnt this be a great idea by putting a Family S2 Licence (I.e £35) so more than one person on the licence could play s2?
Well just a suggestion, see what you guys think.

DMWRIGHT
You just can't race with the same s2 license on a different computer at the same time, that way you don't give the same license to all of your freinds.

Hope that answers your question and I don't think the family plan would work...
Family pack? Heh, interesting. Can only really seeing it being abused though.
#4 - _rod_
Well for online play, its one license per player, so 2 computers can´t be online at once with the same license.

Now, for offline play I think you can have up to 3 computers to play on lan, I´m not 100% sure if its 2 or 3 computers.

BTW: S3 is not coming out for a long time, S2 inst even finish. Even if you only buy LFS when S3 is out, the price will be the same, if you pay now you have 2 advantages on my view:
1. You will only pay £24 now for S2 and when S3 is out you would had to pay a nother £12 for s3.
2. If you buy S2 you can have loads of fun with LFS now, enjoy all the cars and tracks LFS has, and have many better races with S2 people, wich unlike the demo there are rarely wreckers.

To me is only a gain-gain situation. But its only up to you.

Hope I could help

Rod
what bob said, plus, youd probably get mates buying it just to get it a bit cheaper.
ok get what you mean i didnt think about what would happen with mates but what about a IP range?

Thanks guys for what you have said,

DMWRIGHT
#7 - Jakg
dynamic ip's for most of the UK's isp's make that a complete failure
#8 - Renku
There are 30000+ people who have bought the licence, they wanted the licence and they found a way to get it. If you want smth bad enough, you'll get it. And S2 isn't the end of the line, there will be (I certainly hope so ) S3. How will the family discount thing to work: for S2 £35 and additional S3 part for £17? Its way too complicated and can cause quite mess. This current system is simple, easy: £12 for every LFS stage.

-1 to the suggestion and to every other discount suggestion.

+1 to locking this thread.
ok thanks just a crazy thought

But JAKG last time you disagred with my other posts it ended up in a agrument so please dont be annoying and argumentative(not like you are atm with me) but if were goin to get on your more than welcome to reply! Thanks for you post

DMWRIGHT
Is there not already some kind of multiple license bundle discount available?

If not, it'd be a good idea for situations like this. Maybe 3 licenses for the price of 2 or something? Or a bigger discount the more you buy.

Just a thought.
hell be waiting long for s3
#12 - SamH
I don't think the scenario is common enough to be something worth coding the billing system for. There can't be many cases of 5 or more people in a single household, all wanting to be online on LFS at the same time.

Discounts for volume purchasing generally happen way above the 5 licence threshold, and of course you have the problem of licence sharing, as Bob points out and I firmly agree with him on it.

@dmwright, I'm very aware that you share a licence with another LFS S2 racer, and as a moderator, I'm really very unhappy about it. Firing warning shots over Jakg's bows isn't going to help cheer me up, either. I remember very well the thread where Jak annoyed you, and that he did so when he pointed out quite rightly that you're in breach of the LFS terms and conditions. I think you should buy the game, if you're going to play it.
Quote from Dajmin :Is there not already some kind of multiple license bundle discount available?

IIRC someone asked the same question and one of the Devs answered no, but I can't find it, so I could be wrong..
#14 - Jakg
Quote from dmwright :But JAKG last time you disagred with my other posts it ended up in a agrument so please dont be annoying and argumentative(not like you are atm with me) but if were goin to get on your more than welcome to reply! Thanks for you post

? i am TELLING you that most ISP's (home isp's at least) use dynamic ip's - so the goalposts are always moving - all in all, bad idea - don't see why they should pay less because lots of people in one house want it!

ah, the disagreement about you breaking the terms of use - yet to make up for me pointing it out you hurled abuse at me, and then came up with all kind of claims about me hating demo racers etc... anyway - before this gets dragged up again, don't!

And i believe the thread about group discounts was for an Oz or NZ racing club, and the devs said no. End of.
now did i say anything with your last post accept thankyou?

My point was last time you posted on my topic there was a agrument between me and you. So all im saying is no insulting comments please, Anyway i have got my answer from the helpful Guys so could an admin end the topic please?

DMWRIGHT

P.S to your Stupid EDIT, You might find the S2 account i was using FOR A SHORT WHILE that i have now returned to Demo atm. So Im breaking the rules? i asked a mate for a quick go! Not life time. And i will copy the bit where you said you bully DEMO RACERS but you wont bully me.
#16 - Jakg
Quote from dmwright :So all im saying is no insulting comments please

i was deciding whether to respond to this quote with "ok. But if you read the previous threads i've not thrown an insult at you yet", but deicided not to - but then saw this...
Quote :P.S to your Stupid EDIT, You might find the S2 account i was using FOR A SHORT WHILE that i have now returned to Demo atm. So Im breaking the rules? i asked a mate for a quick go! Not life time.

"For a short while" - How do we know? You keep changing your story, 1st you said he doesn't play anymore, then you said you can't afford S2 because of your Karting, and he let you have S2, now your saying you wanted "a quick go" - make it one story, please! And yes - you (....and whoever lent you his password) are breaking the rules, you could have tried it on his PC, but you didn't, and as such you broke the terms of use. End of (i mean it this time - if you don't reply to this bit i won't! Then we won't argue and can won't that be nice?)

EDIT - Ok, i lied - you edited your post - i'll edit mine!
#17 - SamH
This thread is closed

S2 Licence Suggestion
(17 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG