The online racing simulator
Banger Racing V3
(67 posts, started )
Quote from yozzer :Yes i know....good aint hit....just dump him in the fence Harder

yes race clean....BUT NOT HERE !!!!

I'm glad to see this here. At least it's something we can point people to when they start trying to ban you because "you ran right into me, didn't even brake, and ruined my PB"
Where has the banger racing server gone? I used to love that server... i could spend a lot of time trying to get a pb on a circuit (usually failing) then take out my frustration on someone upside down in a UF1000!!!
#28 - mr_x
Quote from tonyyeb :Where has the banger racing server gone? I used to love that server... i could spend a lot of time trying to get a pb on a circuit (usually failing) then take out my frustration on someone upside down in a UF1000!!!

i was wondering the same, went on LFS yesterday for the first time in 3 or 4 weeks (BF2 and Counter Strike Source are to blame ) and saw that it wasnt there
Damn, looks like I missed out on all the fun.
hehe. Banger racing was great. Once there was a banger sever, with a "figure of 8" layout.. now THAT was fun
the vMax banger server has been there for a few months now

"vMax.Bangers!" is the name of the server, running our ORIGINAL (i.e. not pinched) Figure-of-8 layout
Ah, is that track still loaded up?? I didn't know that since I have the empty server filter turned to no. That track is a good one. Really interesting stuff when you get someone hitting the jump over your section as you pass underneath. I really haven't seen anyone at any Banger Racing for quite some time. Perhaps the novelty has worn off.
Yup, its still loaded up. Its a shame no-one is Banger Racing. I mean its not as fun, personally, as serious racing, but its a great way to just chill out and have some fun once in a while.
Wrong track?
I like Banger racing !!

But the server sends me to BL1 and not the carpark/custom track!

Something messed up perhaps??

I hope this gets fixed.....

cheers
Hmm, I'll fix that tomorrow.
Great!

I'll be there....
hmmm... Still GP track there
Anyone fancy Bangers racing?
The original Banger Racing server is gone. Why I don't know. That's where everyone always went. Perhaps it was the simplicity of that track that everyone preferred over figure-8's and jumps and whatnot. Perhaps if you could arrange to get the original track for the vmax|Banger server, and make sure you're in it regularly so that it shows up in most peoples server lists, then we could get it going again.
waiting for a banger race!!!!
I've just changed it back to the banger layout. If the old Banger Racing server layout is preferred, someone PM me and I'll put it on the server instead (someone will just have to send it to me).

If it switches back to GP again, just let me know.
When and where for Banger Racing?
when do you meet?

is it oval or fig8?

sounds like fun.

been on today no 1 there.
I'm up for this !

Just name a time and place !
++++

A few of us have been building tracks with this in mind:-
Nice looking track man. I personally loved the "Banger Racing" server, haven't seen the other one so I'll go and check it out now. Spent sooo much time on the original server though, great fun and a brilliant way to relax.
I always found the larger configurations less fun- warp is worse, rodders get away with more, and there's less crashing and banging potential before it ends up terminal, all due to the higher speeds.
Quote from Rtsbasic :Spent sooo much time on the original server though, great fun and a brilliant way to relax.

me too - missed it when the origonal server went down.
B is for ..........
You want small simple and fun............
Well, if you can reach some sort of agreement on what layout should go on the server, I'll put it up.
James just go for the standard track layout that was used. That's your best bet to be honest.
Quote from Chris_Kerry :James just go for the standard track layout that was used. That's your best bet to be honest.

Absolutely.

James, talk to Danowat as he was one of the founders of LFS Banger Racing and see if he'll let you use the track, or just make one yourself.

Banger Racing V3
(67 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG