The online racing simulator
Number of closed threads growing
(42 posts, started )
IMO another mod might be helpful to the exisiting mods and the devs. They're doing a very hard job, and an extra pair of hands would release some of the pressure.
Well, we just recently got two new mods, and considering the relatively lax standards here I can't see how there would be so much pressure
Quote from duke_toaster :IMO another mod might be helpful to the exisiting mods and the devs.

We have bob, we have sam, all we need now is their sidekick tristan.
Quote from L(Oo)ney :We have bob, we have sam, all we need now is their sidekick tristan.

Nooooooooooo... Tristan would just spam-delete random posts to get his 'deletestats' up

(kidding)

@CaptainSlow below me:
faster? YaY, free wordpuzzles with every mod-edit he makes... (just joking, don't be offended)
i think if theres a new mod it should be he who is faster111
I can't see the absolute need for moderators. Ridiculous posts make the author look stupid, which nobody wants I think. Personally I haven't heard of anyone commiting suicide because of reading an offensive post so... what exactly are the moderators looking after? The ignore list and the account ban feature is there for a reason
Quote from K.David :I can't see the absolute need for moderators. Ridiculous posts make the author look stupid, which nobody wants I think. Personally I haven't heard of anyone commiting suicide because of reading an offensive post so... what exactly are the moderators looking after? The ignore list and the account ban feature is there for a reason

The problem lies in the fact that users will make absolutely sure the poster knows he looks stupid, and as a result the poster will try to make the critic look stupid, which results in a flamewar... Which doesn't look nice and keeps people from staying on-topic.

You need moderators to ban an account, btw. The ignore list is annoying when everybody starts to use it and everyone has a few users in it for arbitrary reasons. Threads will look really weird with questions answered 3 times, and people starting to get upset from getting complaints that they made a double post, while in reality they were the first to answer (as far as they can see).
To be quite honest I don't want to be a moderator. It's not something I can see myself doing well or fairly, and I'd much rather be the 'irritating spamalot' then the 'irritating banhappy postdeleting oops-can't-say-that-cos-I'm-a-mod spamalot'.

I have a lot of respect for ALL the moderators on this forum, both past and present, and I trust them (and any new ones selected over the passing of time) to do their jobs as well as ever. I can't add to that in any way, shape or form. Simple.

And no, I'm not just saying that because I'm not a moderator, but because I firmly believe it!

Edit: (With utmost sincerity) Kev would make a good mod, as long as he's not allowed to moderate anything Becky or CRC/ATC people say.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
[off-topic]
Quote from MyBoss :lol

Who is that in your avatar? I wish she was My Boss
[/off-topic]
Quote from TagForce :[off-topic]

[/off-topic]

one of them pretty girls :o)

I know her first-name is Eva, don't know anymore.
Quote from TagForce :[off-topic]

[/off-topic]

Jessica Alba? I do believe.

Edit: Ok, I was wrong.

Sorry, spam. But he spammed first!
Peoples opinions on how this forum should be moderated will all be slightly different, this is life.

I have 100% confidence in the good people who moderate this forum, sure they make mistakes from time to time but they all love LFS and what the LFS community is all about.

Back their judgement and stop putting them under needless pressure.
Every thing in moderation including moderation...
#40 - Tick
Heres another thread that should be closed.

Reason? after the first 20 or so replies it went off topic!
Better yet. Delete the useless jargon below the bottom most on topic useful poster!

My 2cents.
Quote from Tick :Heres another thread that should be closed.

Better yet. Delete the useless jargon below the bottom most on topic useful poster!

My 2cents.

I only count 7 off-topic posts...
threads being closed are a direct result of moderating, so the subject of moderating would be on-topic. But yeah... Some posts could be edited/deleted in a cleaning up kind of fashion.
Quote from Tick :Heres another thread that should be closed.

My 2cents.

If every thread that had a few o/t posts on it were closed then this thread voicing the concerns about an increasing number of threads being closed, would be self-fulfilling. As such, your thread about o/t posts is itself O/T, as is my reply. In short, a bit of humour and common sense goes a lot farther than most would imagine on forums, and I believe some sensible low key moderation goes a long way towards keeping the whole area user-friendly, active and constructive.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG