The online racing simulator
Netgear DG834GT HELP!
(27 posts, started )
Netgear DG834GT HELP!
Hi,

I have been on portforward.com and i have gone to common ports and then selected live for speed server. I have read through the instructions and finshed. But when creating a server after disabling the firewall it still says connected to master server. But it still doesnt appear on the master server?

I dont know very much about routers so im asking for someone to give me help?

Thanks
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit my website on www.kartingpics.1hwy.com
How are you checking the master server list? From in-game or on LFSWorld?

Some routers cannot cope with the routing when you port forward, therefore if you're checking in-game it maybe giving you a false negative. If you let us know the name of the server, one of us can try to connect to it.

If you're checking LFSWorld, then the ports havent been forwarded to the right local IP (i.e. the PC running the LFS server), or theres another firewall.

Edit: Any chance someone could move this to Technical Assistance section?
ok thanks m8. What about someone on the same network?

Thanks
What about it? Anyone on the same network would get the same problem.

It's faster to connect via the local IP directly if you're on the same network anyway, and thus no need to actually use the browser list in that use case.

I'm not saying that is the cause, but it is a limitation of a lot of popular home routers. I've never actually tried the relevant tests on a DG834GT though.
Are you sure that you configured your router and firewalls properly, they get in the way without you knowing.
I think you fell for the same things I did on port forward.com, did you make the open ports just TCP or TCP/UDP? make sure the ports are BOTH otherwise you'll have problems. I did this yesterday after a router reset.
#7 - Gunn
Quote from Robster230 :I think you fell for the same things I did on port forward.com, did you make the open ports just TCP or TCP/UDP? make sure the ports are BOTH otherwise you'll have problems. I did this yesterday after a router reset.

This is a good point, if only TCP packets have been forwarded your server will still appear in the list but nobody will be able to join.

Also, if you are running LFS on more than one PC on your network, make sure they aren't using the same ports as each other, many routers won't allow identical rules for two lan IPs by default.
Quote from Gunn :This is a good point, if only TCP packets have been forwarded your server will still appear in the list but nobody will be able to join.

Exactly what happened to me! luckily I twigged before I threw my PC and all connected peripherals out the window.
Thanks for all the posts but i have done

1= TCP 63392
2=UDP 63392
3=TCP 23392
4=UDP 63392

Maybe i havent been setting the server up correctly:ashamed:

Could you anser my questions below please:

do i use my ip or the routers?

what port do i put in?

What speed internet do i put in? i don't know, so would this help (freeserve/wanadoo broard band) meant to be 10x faster?

Thanks just trying to give you all i know to help!
Incoming ports (i.e. the ones needed to be forwarded) are:
TCP/63392
UDP/63392

If you have an out going firewall you need to make sure you also have TCP/29339 open.

Quote from dmwright :do i use my ip or the routers?

Dont put anything in / leave it at auto. This is only relevant for certain situations.

Quote from dmwright :what port do i put in?

Unless you have a reason to change it (i.e. ISP blocking), leave it as default. This is the main port you need to forward from your router to you server pc. i.e. if you change this to 1234, you need to forward TCP/1234 and UDP/1234 from your router to your server hardware.

Quote from dmwright : What speed internet do i put in? i don't know, so would this help (freeserve/wanadoo broard band) meant to be 10x faster?

Depends on the package. This only really matters for the bandwidth calculator. But it will tell you have many cars you can handle and at what pps (smoothness).
Quote from dmwright :Thanks for all the posts but i have done

1= TCP 63392
2=UDP 63392
3=TCP 23392
4=UDP 63392

Maybe i havent been setting the server up correctly:ashamed:

Could you anser my questions below please:

do i use my ip or the routers?

what port do i put in?

What speed internet do i put in? i don't know, so would this help (freeserve/wanadoo broard band) meant to be 10x faster?

Thanks just trying to give you all i know to help!

Its not freeserve/wannado anymore, its now Orange. It depends on the speed you have, I currently am running 8MB. But I am thinking of switching as I am always having connection trouble every now and then and it pisses me off because I wan't to use the internet for coursework and I can't.
ok i get you but what is default for the port setting up the server?

thanks
Quote from xWolFx :Its not freeserve/wannado anymore, its now Orange. It depends on the speed you have, I currently am running 8MB. But I am thinking of switching as I am always having connection trouble every now and then and it pisses me off because I wan't to use the internet for coursework and I can't.

i agree with you about it cuts off
ok will do tht thanks every one for your help ill see if it works!

if not ill let you know
If you have Sky, or want Sky then they are doing an offer of Sky TV and Boradband for £20 a month, since Sky TV is £15.99 and for Sky TV customers the Broadband is only £5 then it adds up to £20.99 (ish).
if you would like to see if the server is there its called 4 PROS (in red)
Quote from xWolFx :If you have Sky, or want Sky then they are doing an offer of Sky TV and Boradband for £20 a month, since Sky TV is £15.99 and for Sky TV customers the Broadband is only £5 then it adds up to £20.99 (ish).

ill persuade my dad
Yes its online, but using a different game code. You might want to think about updating.
That's what I've been trying to do. Check the site for more info. I think its www.sky.com .
GOOD THANKS!

but how do i do tht game code ?
Quote from xWolFx :That's what I've been trying to do. Check the site for more info. I think its www.sky.com .

(my bro is the expert at persuading hes doin corsework to) oyu could just say if you have takin history tht thrs lots of history channels then watch your channels
What codes, you mean like to kick people?
Quote from the_angry_angel :Yes its online, but using a different game code. You might want to think about updating.

GOOD THANKS!

but how do i do tht game code ?

(just so if you have missed the post)
i think hes gone..........

Netgear DG834GT HELP!
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG