The online racing simulator
Proximity alarm!!
(55 posts, started )
I just tested it, pressing the right mouse button resets to normal view.
maybe kind of il-2: lock on, err, competitor?

nah, i need wide adjustable virt mirror (which does not affect fov cos that would alter perception of distance) which is ok for me: i can judge important distance - threat of being overtaken, for now if i see car in the mirror i know i can move in front of it on straight, id like to know with virt mirror if i can go in turn first - now i do it when i dont see car at my front wheels: 60 something fov.
Quote from wollschaf :That's right. Exact distance measurements should be avoided. But perhaps it is possible to create a system that just enhances the sim driver's senses, which does not at all have to be accurate. There are certain things you notice while driving a real car that are not visible in LFS.

Well put.

And talking about realism, why does the cockpit have a steering wheel in it? What about the one you're holding in your hands. Does this mean that the cars actually have two steering wheels?

Heh heh just joking, but think about it.
#54 - Vain
You can remove the virtual hands and virtual steering wheel from LFS if you wish.
I use it to check wether my wheel is correctly calibrated. If I can't see it I'm feeling nervous.

Vain
Well, crashes are inevitable...
(look at F1)
(look at other racing stuff)

So, it doesn't add to the realism if those screens will be in...
but it does take away tears...

look at Schumi, is he in tears? Yes. So, LFS must be a game with crashes/engine failures

Proximity alarm!!
(55 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG