The online racing simulator
DFP pedal woes of a different sort
After a little bit of trouble free racing my throttle becomes 'stuck'. in a sort of way. It will only become unstuck if another input is recognised (steering, button, brake). If I exit LFS the problem presists in the Profiler.

What to do???
I have that too except both accelerator and brake positions aren't altered unless the steering position is altered. The only thing I've found to get rid is to unplug and plug back in the wheel

To say the wheel is so good, from my experience of them it is staggering how incredibly poor the pedals are
Hmm.. i can only utter the standard DFP-Pedal-Solution (though I have yet to encounter one myself... only a month old Rev.B00 works quite good :P):

Clean the potentiometers.
Quote from ColeusRattus :Hmm.. i can only utter the standard DFP-Pedal-Solution (though I have yet to encounter one myself... only a month old Rev.B00 works quite good :P):

Clean the potentiometers.

I think that's a seperate problem. I also have very juddery flickery pedals when they are working unless I clean them every couple of days. It might just be because my room is dirty that I have this problem particularly bad I've given up on any racing games for now while I make my own pedals. I find it impossible to enjoy the game with these

I'm hoping that the problem the OP talks of is just a driver problem or there's likely something wrong with the electronics in the wheel it's self and not just the pedals I expect.
Really weird. After unpluggin and plugging back in (to reset it) and killing the wingman (which helps put alot of shortcuts on the wheel) the throttle hang and spontanious re calibration problems went away... wtf? figure that out.
I have the wingman installed, but have killed it from the startup ( i.e. no bind keys / controls )

Quote from Ziploc :Really weird. After unpluggin and plugging back in (to reset it) and killing the wingman (which helps put alot of shortcuts on the wheel) the throttle hang and spontanious re calibration problems went away... wtf? figure that out.

Will have to try that then to solve part of my problem. I like having the buttons altered though... oh well!

Just wondering.... do you have two DFPs plugged in? Or maybe just 2 logitech wheels? I wondered if that might be related to the problem as I don't think it happend before I plugged in a second wheel for clutch pedal.
If you don't want to use the profiler from Logitech, but still want to map keys, Google for Joy2Key.exe. This is what I now use as I've lost my FF because the profiler crapped out too often. I just set the Gaming Options in windows for my FF and map the keys with Joy2Key. Now I can have Pitspotter (another must have) open LFS automatically instead of opening pitspotter, starting LFS from the profiler, then openning up insim for pitspotter, blah blah.
Aaaah, thanks for that. I never liked the profiler too much anyway so glad not to have to use it (and hopefully it solves the problem me and Ziploc have been having).

I never had to launch LFS through the profiler for all the key binds to take effect though, I just used my normal LFS shortcut and it seems to detect LFS starting up and change the FFB and key binds etc. I guess there's no reason to use the profiler though now.
Wow really?

If my wingman isn't running my binds stop working when i boot LFS.

The extra binds are pit control (In the second set of the wheel -shift- mode)

F keys and signals. They stop working without wingman.

EDIT: Problem persists with or without wingman...

I hope it goes away when I reformat in a few weeks. Still haven't exanged the wheel yet.
Quote from Ziploc :Wow really?

If my wingman isn't running my binds stop working when i boot LFS.

The extra binds are pit control (In the second set of the wheel -shift- mode)

F keys and signals. They stop working without wingman.

EDIT: Problem persists with or without wingman...

I hope it goes away when I reformat in a few weeks. Still haven't exanged the wheel yet.

I didn't mean the profiler doesnt have to be running, just that you dont have to start LFS through the profiler for the binds to work.

Pitty about the problem persisting Wonder what it could be. I'll be trying a format soon too, just awaiting DVDs to back-up on. *insert hope smiley here*

Quote :Just wondering.... do you have two DFPs plugged in? Or maybe just 2 logitech wheels? I wondered if that might be related to the problem as I don't think it happend before I plugged in a second wheel for clutch pedal.

Nope. I did have a momo before its though. Never did uninstall anything like drivers and such...

Did you have a wheel before the DFP?
For all those who hate to believe it my pedals are revB and dying in the first month...
My first DFP was my first wheel.

Grrrrr, very frustrating.
I quickly opened my pedals today. Shh... don't tell logi

I looked fiddled and reassembled. Works like brand new. Give it a shot.

I know that the spiking would cause the recalibration but what causes the wheel to stop updating the throttle is still way beyond me...

Peek in your pedals and let me know what happens after reassembly.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG