The online racing simulator
Where does it stop?
(19 posts, started )
Where does it stop?
I know that we argue due to someone else's fault on LFS. But when should it stop?

I know for a fact that I argue a tad too much, and I consider that as a flaw. I wouldn't insult though, I'd "debate" about it. But where does the line stop?

Should it stop after we state our views? Or just apologise, forget it, and move on, afterall, there are plenty of more races to come afterwards.

Anyone else feel the same?
I frequently just "sorry" anyway and that generally stops arguments from even starting.

Although the other day somebody commented on it, after i'd said sorry two races in a row, and questioned my driving ability. Neither accident struck me as being my fault, in fact one clearly wasn't and the other was just between me, a tyre, and the car that followed.
#3 - Vain
A very simple thing to think about everytime before starting to write a reply in any discussion:
Does the reply I intend to write add anything to the discussion?

Will someone say "Oh, I didn't think of that! Thanks!", "Good point, I forgot that!", "Nice find! Thanks!", "My mistake, thanks for correcting it!" or "Thanks for the explanation!"?
If not, save yourself 5 minutes and go back to the forum overview.

Vain
Quote from Vain :A very simple thing to think about everytime before starting to write a reply in any discussion:
Does the reply I intend to write add anything to the discussion?

Will someone say "Oh, I didn't think of that! Thanks!", "Good point, I forgot that!", "Nice find! Thanks!", "My mistake, thanks for correcting it!" or "Thanks for the explanation!"?
If not, save yourself 5 minutes and go back to the forum overview.

Vain

I'll take one of your quotes.

"Thanks for the explaination?" I'll do just that next time , or ignore them after saying sorry.
you could also see it this way, the more time you spend in discuss several situations the less time left for racing. Also when you take a normal race no matter what combo, there will happen stuff that is not part of fair racing but if i would take the time to think about everything, was it right or wrong, was it personal meaned or not...i would not have the time to race anymore in most of the races because all this is much time consuming. I dont ignore everything but i try to filter out things that are worth the discussion. I think its somekind of art to do this, its not easy everytime but some things happen more then once, and the one time i may have made a mess out of a discussion i can do it better next time, save time and keeping the number of enemies low
i know i need to chill out some times.
Feel better getting that out of my system. Thanks guys.
#8 - Goop
I can't concentrate when the server is being spammed up over an incident 5 laps earlier; when someone is going on, and on.... and ON, I just block messages

On public servers, I just don't see the point in getting so worked up... no good for your blood pressure either mate :cyclops:
Quote from chopaholic :Servers on demo are getting bad, i had people arguing this morning because one dude didnt like the fact this other dude had Turbo Crx in his name. Tards!

24 £ buys you a place in Heaven.
I think I say sorry quite a lot. I say sorry for taking someone else out. I say sorry even if it was the other person or it is too close to find fault.

I've t-boned others who spun ahead on the track and have gotten sorry from them. Sorry for what? Sorry because I crashed into you when you spun? Some folks think that there shouldn't be allowed any spins or accidents for some reason. You spin ahead, I tag you, it's my fault, not yours. All you did was spin which is perfectly ok by me. It was up to me as the following driver to avoid you. This point is not concidered very well in public servers.

It's the repeated turn 1 restarts that get to me because someone can't lift the throttle a bit instead of swinging into the side of someone when the guy in front is slower. You are allowed to lift the throttle instead of plowing someone or sliding over into someone you know.
+1 Night, +1
Quote from mrodgers :I think I say sorry quite a lot. I say sorry for taking someone else out. I say sorry even if it was the other person or it is too close to find fault.

I've t-boned others who spun ahead on the track and have gotten sorry from them. Sorry for what? Sorry because I crashed into you when you spun? Some folks think that there shouldn't be allowed any spins or accidents for some reason. You spin ahead, I tag you, it's my fault, not yours. All you did was spin which is perfectly ok by me. It was up to me as the following driver to avoid you. This point is not concidered very well in public servers.

Well... When I am experienced on a track and spin and if that causes some accident, then I always sorry, because... well... I really see no excuse for spinning when I've done 300 laps on a track...

Also, we are all just humans. When it is a 8 lap race and you have been crashed out once in the start and twice in the first corner, it means 30 minutes of no racing... That does agitate me - and I'm sure a lot of people.
I think there's is far too much chatting/arguing on servers in general. I always apologise IF I think it was my fault. If someone hits me off I never say anything. Well, never is probably a bit strong - if it was totally blatant I might give a one word communication of some sort (usually 'wtf?' or 'nob') but I know this is wrong of me.

Sometime I find that there is one driver who keeps hitting me. Usually it's someone who hasn't discovered look left and look right buttons yet. In these situations I leave the server, go and make a coffee, smoke a quick jay and then return. Usually the person has got bored by then and my fun can continue.
Quote from PLAYLIFE :Well... When I am experienced on a track and spin and if that causes some accident, then I always sorry, because... well... I really see no excuse for spinning when I've done 300 laps on a track...

That could be an arguement, but it is my understanding that not everyone is perfect, though some do think they are. Sure you can be expected to be a better driver after 300 laps somewhere, but I still don't expect you to be perfect and never making a mistake, never spinning out. And, yea, I say sorry as well if I spin and someone else wrecks because of it. It is just curtesy to say sorry. I just don't get mad like others do if I come around a corner while the yellow is showing and I run into the car because he spun. Too often you see folks barrelling around a corner when there is a yellow flag and they run straight through spun cars, then proceed to yell and scream in the chat.

There's no reason for all the screaming and yelling. Call this a simulation all you want, at the end, it's just a game we play for enjoyment. It is a great competition racing with folks here and the majority of us take it seriously, but it's still a game. No need for fights.
There are arguments and there are discussions. Arguments are usually discussions that turn sour and into a dispute.

Personally, anytime i'm racing and the chat gets flooded with arguments, i don't care who was wrong or right.
There's nothing wrong with explaining your point of view (lag, controller issues, n00b behind you, etc...), but to go
on and on is just annoying, not to mention the insults that often follow are just pointless. The person who won't
stop arguing often strikes me as being stuborn (spelling..) and i find that also shows in their driving.

LFS is still a computer game and some people need to be reminded of that sometimes. You cut me off irl i have a
reason to be mad, you could injure me or the people in the car with me, damage my car, or maybe even kill
someone, in LFS, meh, i don't risk anything really. If someone is really a bad driver and is ruining everyone's race,
then just vote him off the server. Else, maybe take a break or something. You need to break the circle of violence.
i domnt mind being hit (so much) its just when i pass sum1 and they crash and blame me thats what pisses me off. stupidity, and lack of racin knowledge!!
i hate it when you spinn off and have no controll over your car, then someone who is in control of their car crashes into you, then treis to ban you because they hit you when you had no controll over your car.
but....

when people crash i look at it as a challenge to try and avoid them and i usually do, its called readin the situation
Quote from Captain Slow :i hate it when you spinn off and have no controll over your car, then someone who is in control of their car crashes into you, then treis to ban you because they hit you when you had no controll over your car.

happens a bit too much on FOX servers.

Where does it stop?
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG