The online racing simulator
No Weather
(12 posts, started )
No Weather
Today in a Final race 45 on AS7....the server crashed..on lap 40..I'd just consider this to be like internet weather....weather you stayed connected or not.

If half the race is done and half the racers got booted...well there you go...yah just got rained out.

If we cloud this game with other variables...more and more racers will just stop showing up, I purpose....let connection strenght of your host be the weather...and decide for yourself..weather that host provides a stable track to race on.

Or devolpe real rain and tire conditions...and Bitch about FPS.

Ant
Not 100% sure what you're on about here. Lots of people get disco'd for no apparent reason, it's part of virtual existence. It could've just been a faulty server and not LFS's fault at all.

Anyway, your point is ... ?
i see it as more mechanical failure than weather
That's my point...it's already a random factor..(Server crashes ... User CP Glitches ... Hey my power went out) FPS are important in this game..if we have rain...why not snow...what's next..an earthquake.

I take a server crash as ....chit happens...just like rain ..it happens.

If your CPU overheated and fried...that's a blown engine..if your power goes out...thats race over for electrical problems...why write it into the program and clog up the physics.

I was once 10 laps from finishing a 120 BL1 race in the XR Turbo (S1) ...bolt of lighting flashed...power went out...I didn't get mad.

So that's enough real weather without adding all the frame rate defeating things that will ruin this game.

We don't need squirrels in the trees in LFS and I don't think we need rain..buts that's just MHO.
Quote from AtomAnt :
So that's enough real weather without adding all the frame rate defeating things that will ruin this game.

We don't need squirrels in the trees in LFS and I don't think we need rain..buts that's just MHO.

But a power outage doesn't change the handling of the car before it happens...
Rain does.
Guys, we don't need randomness. What we REALLY need is proper siulation of imperfect track condtions such as rain, dust, etc.
rain and night racing would make lfs *2 better.
Quote from AtomAnt :We don't need squirrels in the trees in LFS and I don't think we need rain..buts that's just MHO.

What! No squirrels?!
I have the gutsy feeling that yesterday's massive disconnect had something to do with different racers and the server using different patch levels of LFS.

These dc's happen a bit too often in the last two weeks. Since when do we have U21 and U22? Aren't they considered to be buggy at the moment? (Otherwise, Scawen would clearly edit his 1st post in the Patch Thread).

Every now and then Atom seems to have his moment of madness, totally losts his mind and post weird random stuff. This is one of those threads.
But what happened yesterday was a weird dying of the server, people lost connections, not everyone at the same time but few drops, a brake, nothing and then few more, whehn I got kikcked out there were 3 drivers left and 2 laps or so. I think there would be no point having a race result with no people or 1 finishing, dont you think?
Quote from AtomAnt :That's my point...it's already a random factor..(Server crashes ... User CP Glitches ... Hey my power went out) FPS are important in this game..if we have rain...why not snow...what's next..an earthquake.

And that's exactly where you are wrong... Weather is far from random... Mechanical failure also isn't random...
Quote from AtomAnt :what's next..an earthquake.

Speaking of Earthquakes... does anyone know of any occasion where such an event has hit during a race?

No Weather
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG