The online racing simulator
Handicap System
(13 posts, started )
Handicap System
In the week starting on Oct 16th 06 the first qualifyers for the LFS: GTR League will be run. Details in the league section or join at www.conedodgers.co.uk

From all who have joined so far, several ask the same question, that is as the FZR is that much faster than the FXO and XRR how can i make it fairer.

In the real world slower cars have to run with faster cars and to be fair i see a lot of FXO and XRR's winning races but not qualifying. If the FXO was faster than the FZR would we all not use it.

What we need is a handicap system and i am sure the devs are aware of that, but at the moment there is not one in LFS.

My question is does anyone have a good idea of a workable handicap system that can be used in the new league.
have u tried putting 3 passengers in the faster car and see if it slows it down? i should slow it a bit, but maybe not enough... give it a go.
Quote from birder :
What we need is a handicap system and i am sure the devs are aware of that, but at the moment there is not one in LFS.

+1
But the plans are afoot too even out GTR and TBO classes.....
-
(MonkOnHotTinRoof) DELETED by MonkOnHotTinRoof
#5 - Thoma
What about running the different classes all in the same race but you only have to beat the people in your class to get the first place points, second etc. That way you can still mix it up if people are overtaking the faster cars?
Thought the FZR was harder to drive consistently? , each car have there positives and negitives, some eating tyres more than others etc.I think that they are pretty balanced
I have tried to work out a system using the WR time but that make the points time related rather than just coming first.

Most driver do not go at 110% if they are a long way ahead.
well passangers barely help anyway; i tried this once with a group of guys, and it was.. it didn't turn out good lol, i was running fastest times, i filled up my car full of people, and full of gas, and it only slowed me down about 2 seconds.. and i had a TON more grip so i went through the turns faster so..
Quote from Turbo Dad :Thought the FZR was harder to drive consistently? , each car have there positives and negitives, some eating tyres more than others etc.I think that they are pretty balanced

I think i will have to agree with you on this on.
Quote from nikimere :have u tried putting 3 passengers in the faster car and see if it slows it down? i should slow it a bit, but maybe not enough... give it a go.

It may work but a racing car with passengers looks so stupid dont you think
cant put passengers in the GTR's
Quote from birder :It may work but a racing car with passengers looks so stupid dont you think

You can't even put passengers in the race cars. I don't personally find the FZR that much harder to drive, I just don't like it, I hate it as a matter of fact, looks, driving feel, sounds, everything. I've done plenty of laps with it offline to practice to race online with it, but I can't stand it. Therefore I avoid GTR servers..
doesnt matter lol.. the only thing passengers would do in GTRs would help it at this rate

Handicap System
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG