The online racing simulator
sorting my driving experience :D
i have a very poor logitech formula force steering wheel it only vibrates sad isnt it.

what i would like to do is have a wheel that has force feedback and also add a clutch pedal and a brake pedal that has a pressure sensor.

so in theory all i would need to do is get another cheap set of pedals preferebly usb for ease of fitment as i see no other way of adding one, which are the same as my set then cut one in half and stick it to the other set so i have three pedals inline. ok might sound dodgy but isnt everyones

then where would i go about getting a pressure sensor and how on earth would i wire it up and is it electrical? or can i just get a hard bit of rubber that can only be pushed so far or further if i push harder and set the brakes accordingly via lfs settings. please give me input. thats what my machine is crying for any way
#2 - bbman
it looks quite good really. ^^^

i have just put a bit of rubber hose and some sponge in the middle of my brake pedal to make it squish. feels funny to the hand but im gonna go and give it a try. all i need now is a clutch pedal and a ff wheel.
While in Zaandvoort watching the A1GP qualifiers a week ago or so I went by a sim display area at the track. The guy had a set of Logitech FFB pedals on display there, so they are indeed coming. I told him I was a sim developer so he let me take a picture provided I didn't post it online anywhere. He wasn't supposed to have it on display, but couldn't resist the temptation I suppose

All three pedals are FFB. This is a new Logitech product due out in November according to the gentleman at the display.
Quote from jtw62074 :While in Zaandvoort watching the A1GP qualifiers a week ago or so I went by a sim display area at the track. The guy had a set of Logitech FFB pedals on display there, so they are indeed coming. I told him I was a sim developer so he let me take a picture provided I didn't post it online anywhere. He wasn't supposed to have it on display, but couldn't resist the temptation I suppose

All three pedals are FFB. This is a new Logitech product due out in November according to the gentleman at the display.

You "forgot" the picture
Quote from jtw62074 :All three pedals are FFB. This is a new Logitech product due out in November according to the gentleman at the display.

That seems kinda weird, seeing as they just released the G25...i would have thought that if they have FFB pedals in the works, they would have put those with the G25.

What kind of force feedback could you really put to a pedal though? Other than vibrations, which would probably be taken from the steering wheel signals.

But, just like everything else...we will have to wait and see.
i have just been looking on ebay and spotted two wheels one is "logitech driving force" which is blue and the other is the "driving force pro" which is black. whats the difference other than the colour and amount of buttons?

can i add a wheel that is for the playstation 2 via an adaptor?
#8 - Jakg
no, lots of difference, the DFP (Driving Force Pro) has FFB, more rotatation and tons more stuff

the DFP works flawlessly on the PC, it doesn't need an adaptor, it works via USB
#10 - Jakg
#11 - Jakg
Ah - i see you want it for the pedals? well then get whatever you want - try getting a broken momo etc, as i'm sure the pedals still work

Heck, if you want i'll sell you my old pedals from my Momo, but i doubt you could plug them into anything
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#12 - Jakg
just had a look, if you were to get another wheel then you would have to have the wheel plugged in all the time (like i did, thats why i kept the sidewinder, the Logitech pedals on my Momo developed all these problems)

I eventually got some 2nd hand ACT Labs pedals (proper pieces of kit), but they weren't cheap (£60 for 3 pedals)

I just checked my old Momo pedals (that i don't use because the design is rubbish), they use a Male Com-port connector, so they won't plug into anything other than the wheel, but i'm sure some crafty wiring could fix it

Easiest solution is to get a wheel like the Driving Force, or some cheap-o one, or a broken wheel (so long as the pedals work)
the pressure thing isnt a problem i have found a way around that allready what im really looking for is a wheel that just has force feedback all mine does is vibrate. i would need pedals with the new wheel as i will be giving this vibration thing to my better half and she will need pedals to be able to use it properly.
#14 - Jakg
Quote from daveb948576 :the pressure thing isnt a problem i have found a way around that allready what im really looking for is a wheel that just has force feedback all mine does is vibrate. i would need pedals with the new wheel as i will be giving this vibration thing to my better half and she will need pedals to be able to use it properly.

how much do you have to spend?
i was hoping for less than £25
#16 - Jakg
Quote from daveb948576 :i was hoping for less than £25

...ah

The best things i can recommend would be either the Logitech Momo or Logitech Driving Force Pro (DFP)

DFP has more rotation, but has no paddle shifters (just has buttons instead), the early momo's and DFP's have Pedal problems, so watch out (the pedals refuse to give you 100%)

but these will set you back ~£40 for a used one, there is a new Logitech wheel on the market, the G25, it's £160, and i hope that people buying one and eBaying their old wheels should mean a drop in price of the DFP's and Momo's
so when is that g25 on the market so i can have a hunt on ebay around that time?
#19 - Jakg
Quote from daveb948576 :so even though this is for the playstation 2 will it have a usb socket and work on my pc

i don't know about that (well i do, a friend had one, and it worked on the pc with the drivers, but the FFB was weird, it has a USB connector), but the DFP works for PC and PS2 fine, it is only branded as PS2 (or in the case of the DFP, for GT4) for marketing reason

EDIT - G25 has come out, people here are slowly receiving them, you could post in the wheel forum asking if anyone has an old one they want to get rid off
ok ill give that a try.
#22 - Jakg
i was thinking more here

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG