The online racing simulator
Does skins affect the lag??
(6 posts, started )
When i enter a server with lots of players, and i download all of the skins via auto download, does that affect the online play? i mean does it lags more if there are skins on the cars..? Would it be better if i turn off the auto download option considering the lag improvement??
#2 - SamH
LFS works quite cleverly with this, actually. While you're driving around and new players join, LFS will download the skins quietly in the background. However, it won't apply the skins to their cars until YOUR car comes to a complete stop, because applying the skins WILL cause a bit of a skip. Scawen's written it to pick the right moment to put the skins that you download onto your opponents' cars.

When I join a new server, I usually wait a few moments in Spectate mode while the skins download and the cars get skinned, and then I join.
Yes, off course, i also wait a moment till all the cars get their skins.. but what i meant was, would i get better online performance(less lag) if i turn off the auto download option, so all the cars(majority) are white.. ?
#4 - SamH
Hmm.. that, I don't know! LOL! I guess you could always try it, and see. Let us know
Quote from SamH :Hmm.. that, I don't know! LOL! I guess you could always try it, and see. Let us know

Sure... i am at work now, kinda bored, so i thought someone already knows the answer.. thanks, i'll test it
The thing that i have notice is when you are in a middle of a race and when people keep pitting and leaving the garage there is always some sort of lag or a freeze or somekind of lag and it can get annoying when the server is in qualifying mode and you are on a fastlap or a pb and people keeping pitting and leaving straight away

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG