The online racing simulator
Instant Replay In Game
(13 posts, started )
Don't know if it is the right place,or if it was ask earlier, but is it possible that we get an instant ingame replay, maybe the last 10 - 20 Seconds while we are in race ( or stand in the box).
Maybe in a little box in the upper corner or something.

I hate to leave the race (and server ) because i want to look who or what was the catalyst (?) of the mass destruction in turn 1. ( or who was the nice guy in my boot )

Sorry for my bad english.

uli
-
(Tweaker) DELETED by Tweaker : no need for this post now ;)
Yes, you are right. maybe a mod can move it please .

Uli
#3 - SamH
Done

Agreed. I have missed this feature too. When you have replay autosaving (vari: could this be the reason i lose you in lfs benchmark?) on all the time, why couldn't you just play the last 20secs and pause the recording for that..
But how will you watch a replay when you are already in a server and have that part loaded up? Multiplayer is LIVE stuff, not singleplayer instant replay stuff.

I'd imagine it would have to boot you to spectator mode, but even then you are in a sense running two instances of LFS if this was made possible.
Isn't Kegetys Ghostmod not already an sort of instant replay

Uli
#7 - SamH
Yeah, I guess in a way it is! I hadn't thought of it that way, but yeah.

Perhaps Kegetys could build us an app that provides a ghostly instant replay of events in the last lap.. could be spooky though..
I've often wished to be able to view replays of incidents without having to leave a server and go through the replay menus. When someone claims "lag" after launching you into the stratosphere it would be handy to check out a replay straight away in order to asceratin whether they're being honest or if they're just full of it
But isn't the GhostMod for Singleplayer? I don't know how complicated some sort of instant replay might be... but I imagine it only will make more people trying to prove what went wrong, and who's fault it was. But it does also help with finding a culprit of course.

I've been involved with soooo many Turn 1 accidents and other race incidents, but I rarely ever feel the need to view a replay. If it is so incredibly important that I find out what went wrong, I'd go watch a replay. But I find I am better off ignoring what happened, and coming to terms with whoever might have been involved. I don't really feel like wasting my time over silly stuff and trying to prove what happened.

Seeing the race start in some form of "ghost mode" might be cool, but I honestly would really only prefer using it in Singleplayer. If the starts are so bad online and it is important that you want to see what happened, I guess this floats your boat
#10 - SamH
All of your points are good, and well made. I'm really thinking of the instant replay from two perspectives.. one is for admins, where the ability to review and re-view events can only lead to better judgement calls, and also for those of us who are making movies of races in LFS.

For the latter, a replay control menu/buttons would really be a help. That's been noted by Scawen for consideration, but I don't know if he's made a decision to action it in a future patch or not.
I feel no need to abuse someone, but if someone calls someone an idiot , i would like to proof, if he maybe is right. Special if it is me .
This feature would be useful (at least for me) if you mysteriously crash on lap 15 and really dont know if it was your fault, or the other party's. Especially if he/she starts claim it was your fault, but you clearly have no idea at all what happened, and therefore can't defend, nor regret.

Would also be useful if you're spectating and spot a nice overtaking stuff, but don't see it from a right angle.

This feature should obviously work from spectator mode only.
thats the improvement that i would support 1.

Instant Replay In Game
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG