The online racing simulator
The XRR is faster then the FXR top speed yeah?
I am learning how to race the XRR, i am not super quick yet, but in this video on blackwoods straight i have no chance against this FXR.

i was useing a flotch WR setup and on lap1 this FXR seamed to pull away far faster then any other car, i do remember the start and thinking "fook me he got away fast there"

as soon as we are on the long straight he is away, cant catch him illepall

he slows at the end and allows me past,next lap on the long straight, i was thinking i would be able to escape on the long drag, and he pushes me along at top speed

http://www.sticky-micky.com/a1plus/wierd.mpr

seams a bit strange, is this due to my crap XRR skills?
it seams a little "wierd" for some reason
Perhaps starting off with a WR setup would not have been a good idea. you should start off with your own setup and get the feel of the car because a lot of the fastest setups are also some of the hardest ones to handle or take a bit to get used to when it comes to clocking fast lap times .
that's a valid point, but i don't think my lines are to bad for a few hours use, i know i can improve the corners, i just thought this FXR seamed to accelerate a bit to fast for some reason?
Regarding the start: the FXR has a HUGE turbo on it... the starts are that fast when the turbo pressure is build up enough. In FXR I already press full throttle from the "Race restarts in [3] [2] [1]" message on to get a rocket start.
the problem is that you are not going fast enough before the straight. After the T1, watch the replay at LFSworld.net, you have to be full throttle until the end of the straight! Even with a slighltly better acceleration, if you are 20Km/h slower before the acceleration you will always be slower!
And BTW, the setup uses a lot more downforce on the XRR than on the FXR, so it does not allow the XRR to be very quick during long straights
i have never even thought about watching the WR replays tbh.

i had just assumed the XRR would out drag it by a large amount with it only being RWD

so its down to my crap skills then
Another thing i always found with FXR over XRR and FZR is i can accelerate earlier as i felt more confident in the car. I know that ultimatly FXR is the slowest but for someone whose new the XRR doesnt have the confidence compared to the FXR driver
#8 - jtr99
I used to try to get better on the XRR, but after being out-accelerated by FZRs too many times I have gone over to the other side. I think the XRR is a nice car, but the only way to get a balanced race with it is to race other XRRs at the moment.

Oops, just realized you were talking about getting outpaced by an FXR. My bad. That does seem strange.
i can lap faster in the FXR myself, it was the top speed run down blackwoods long straight that was confuseing me as the FXR was faster :o

maybe i just need to nail the corners as flotch said, i do like the XRR car, i like the way it drives, i have never liked the FZR for some reason.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG