The online racing simulator
question about how the forums work....
i'm sorry if i'm not seeing this but here's my question:

is there are way to enter a thread and pick up at the first message that i haven't read? i see that a thread will be inbold if there are new messages, but if there are 12 new ones or just 2 i end up reading duplicates to find where i left off.

speedfreak227
It doesn't work quite like that, because lets say you read a long thread on page 2 or something yesterday... then came on the forums the next day and didn't read that thread. Once you leave the forums it counts as you reading that thread... even though you didn't :rolleyes:. So on every visit, make sure you read all the threads before closing your browser.

So if you came back after the 2nd visit, and say... were reading page 3, it would take you to the latest post. If you are clicking on that little arrow next to the thread/author, that takes you to the last post.

I could recall seeing an option for going to the first unread post, but I don't see it on these forums strangely enough.... phpBB has it, maybe that is what I'm thinking of.

EDIT: Ahh there it is. Yes on the left of the thread title.
ah, you mean the one right beside the words "view first unread"?

i KNEW i as missing it somewhere.

thanx man

speedfreak227
No, goto a forum and notice that next to the bold threads title, there is that arrow.

Man... such a small option, you would think that it would be more visible and not so hidden.... hmmmph.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG