The online racing simulator
RPM limiter suggestion
(28 posts, started )
As Jeremy from Top Gear said:

Quote :
You know that saying 'speed kills'? That is such a lie. Speed has never killed anyone.
Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what does it, that's the killer.

well this is why i thought it should be optional (the rpm limiter). just because sometimes i just want to damage the car just to hear the engine misfire.in s2 the only way i figured to damage it is to go 130km/h and shift into 1st gear.it's also fun trying to keep the car from spinning.
oh, and sometimes you might want to rev the engine a little bit more...consider going uphill. especially in your own car. during the time it takes you to shift (manual transmission of course) the car looses more speed than it normally would so you'd find yourself 500 or even 1000 rpm's lower than what you were supposed to be.
#28 - JTbo
I have redline at 5500 rpm and limiter at 6200rpm, currently best power is at 5780rpm, but after I get fuel pressure problems fixed it will have best power near or after limiter. However car is not stock anymore.

Engine should be easy to get to limiter, limiter should kick hard. Of course it would be nice to set 2 limiters where you like and put one to button, so you can build boost and take nice and fast launch, but I prefer most realistic setting.

I would like to have option that we could buy with online credits, new ecu, remove rpm limiter, adding limiter, you name it. Proper racing stuff, no f&f kiddies stuff (read K&N etc).
But I think that some ppl don't like it and we never will get such things.

Good thing that I can do it in reallife Just costs loads of cash.

Oh yes, those who like to damage their engines, please get Burnout 3 or some other console game that is meant for it, LFS is racing simulator, not fancy arcade game that you play 5mins to have that little fun. At least so I think and I have been thinking this way from LFS 0.1

RPM limiter suggestion
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG