The online racing simulator
Do I need the latest patches?
(10 posts, started )
Now don't flame me if this is the dumbest question on here in ages.......

When I go online in the UK, normally late evening (10.30pm GMT or so), there are very few servers with anyone in. Normally 1 or 2 Redline Racing, ConeDodgers (in the last few days) and one or two intermittent games running with 2 or 3 people racing. This is normally out of 450+ possible servers running.

Now is it just down to the time of day I can get on to race that I see so few races to join? Or do I need to download the latest patch to be compatable and hence see more games and more variation in what is being raced and where?

Don't get me wrong - I enjoy racing the FOX on AS Club and BL, but I was hoping to get some variation in my racing. It's just that when I go online there's very few options to race against.

Does anyone else find this? It's a bit disheartening to see row after row of 0/23 in my race listing........
Check the tabs at the bottom of the screen, make sure you click ''Full'' to no, ''Empty''to no, and that the tabs on the side of the screen allow all cars and not a specific car like FWD or summin so click on all.
Mayb your problem.
The community is usually at its peak at this time, around 45 servers to play on with people actually racing. I however, had a similar problem even with all the correct tabs selected. I reinstalled and the problems disappeared
I'm pretty sure I've got everything open so I can see as many variations as possible. I will check though to make sure.

If not I'll go for a fresh install - but I'll need to contact admin as for the life of me I can't remember my unlock code! illepall

(Can an admin do this or does it need to be a Dev?)
1. Admins couldn't do that, just devs
2. Simply go to the LFS Main Site, log in with your account and WEBpassword (same as on this forum). Then in the details you can change your GAMEpassword, which is the only thing you need to unlock.
Okay thanks chaps - I've contacted the Devs to pre-empt doing a fresh install - but I'm pretty certain I can remember the password now.

Sturje - if you go online at 10.30pm GMT - how many games do you see roughly - and how many have people racing?

As I said - I average 450 odd games open - but the number with anyone actually in them I reckon I could count on my hands. How would a fresh install change this?

Apologies for all the questions - I'm no techno-head.
Quote from Hog700 :As I said - I average 450 odd games open - but the number with anyone actually in them I reckon I could count on my hands. How would a fresh install change this?

It wouldnt, but if you change your filters you'll get a much more managable number of servers to pick from (private = no, public = yes, empty = no, full = no, cars = all are usually my chosen filters).

Bear in mind a lot of the community has just gone back to school, be it University, or otherwise, so for a little while you mind find that the number of people on servers is a little bit down. Also you'll have to bear in mind that around 22:30 most of these types are in the pub (no doubt), whereas a lot of people who work maybe slumbering. If you wait an hour or two you may start picking up the US players as they wake up

However, presently (as of 12:32) I've got 25 populated servers in my list.
#8 - SamH
Here's the historygraph for the last month. You can see that, at peak times, there are anything from 300-500 or so licenced racers online. At the quietest times, there are as few as 50 drivers to race against.

Unless I'm mistaken (as if that'd be a surprise), the graph for the last day shows that the peak number of drivers happens around 7pm or so, UK time, and the trough (the least drivers) is around 6am UK time.

Right now the number of people online fits with what's happening with most of the people I normally race against - back to school, gearing up for the new term, post-holiday work catching-up etc, as the_angry_angel says.
Attached images
1monthhist.jpg
Okay guys - I'll check my filters later and see what happens!

Thanks
Filters applied - made it a lot clearer to see who was about.

I didn't get on until 11.30pm last night - but still found a few bods to race against. Thanks for the advice guys.

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG