The online racing simulator
Coloured Tyres/Smoke
(70 posts, started )
Coloured Tyres/Smoke
This is probably been done before, but I'm doing it my way

I can change the smoke to blue.
Now I'm gonna find a way to make the tyres blue
The "Tyre wall" should be easy enough, but what about the tread?

Smoke Tyres you know you wan't em
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

V1.0
The Readme tells all
Four Colours: RED, BLUE, GREEN & ORANGE.

Now you can have a happy Stig
ENJOY!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pure red is the DUSTALPHA.dds file that's on its own.
Attached images
Prev.jpg
Image1.jpg
Attached files
C_Smoke V.1.rar - 635 KB - 5878 views
DUSTALPHA.dds - 32.1 KB - 2697 views
oh wow! blue smoke! is there any chance for a red version? or a green?
this is cool
When I've finished playing with the .dds files and getting it looking good. I will upload a "Collection".
gr8! thanks dude!
look at first post for V1.0

Edit---
This is what happens with the smoke mod.
Attached images
O_prev.jpg
hey i created my own color mod and um...how did u get ur smoke not to be squarish??
I used to have red tyre smoke when I was an S1 licensed racer. Got kinda irritating after a while. They disappeared in S2 though. They are fun for a while though.
Quote from carmaniac1993 :hey i created my own color mod and um...how did u get ur smoke not to be squarish??

Dont use squares
Attached images
DUSTALPHA.png
o wel...i just tinted the old smoke red so i like mine but ill try what u did
well i did that and all the white around the edges showed too
Attached images
DUSTALPHA.jpg
u have Picture It 9 too?? cool
do u have to make the background like gray so its invisable??
You have to save it as a specific file, I think.
a gif? usually works 4 me when i need summat see though
#17 - Jakg
Quote from Super Adam :a gif? usually works 4 me when i need summat see though

no, a .dds file, although LFS might convert a certain file for you (or is this for raw's? i can't remember!)
Didn't Scawen say a tif file will be converted to a dds by LFS at startup, if the dds filename doesn't exist?
IIRC, he said that if a .dds file is not found in "data/dds", then LFS searches "data/pic" for the corresponding .raw file. If it is found, it is then converted to .dds.
Quote from carmaniac1993 :do u have to make the background like gray so its invisable??

What you need is a 'Transparency' layer. and your colour is on another layer so when you save as .dds (dxt3 or dxt5) then u get the transparency.
well like do i just paste a nother pic of the default one on top or below the colored one and does the trans. layer need to be totallytransparent
Quote from carmaniac1993 :well like do i just paste a nother pic of the default one on top or below the colored one and does the trans. layer need to be totallytransparent

If the transparency layer was transparent, then the image will be opaque.
opaque???does that mean like the same as the origanal??cuz thats what im saying...so how do i make it like not be square?
It feels like we are going round in circles

When I do the dds files I start by opening one up in paint.net (with dds filter) And save as .png. Then I edit the .png in Paint Shop Pro and use the .png export filter to keep the transparency. then import onto the old .dds and save as dxt3.
Opague means solid. Not transparent.

Coloured Tyres/Smoke
(70 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG